No announcement yet.

Where would you move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My retirement dream is basically to have 2 cabins, one here in Texas on my own piece of hunting property where I would live October-May. Another cabin in Alaska where I would live and fish all summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats a tough one

Comment

The Keys..

Comment

panhandle, palo duro canyon area.

Comment

Driggs Idaho, awesome little town across the pass from Jackson Hole with great fly fishing and skiing.

Comment

Originally posted by nbrantr View Post
              slow down hoss, you do have to pay taxes on the $80K since it is income
              Incorrect. He just said say you had 1-2 million. If you won it you'd have to pay taxes on the total sum one time. Perhaps I won 2.75 million and walked with 2.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

A shack on Isla Roatan would be nice.

Comment

tag

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Incorrect. He just said say you had 1-2 million. If you won it you'd have to pay taxes on the total sum one time. Perhaps I won 2.75 million and walked with 2.
                    haha, okay I was just going by your original post:

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter
                    I'd pay off our place north of Wimberley. Put 1.6 million in an interst bearing account. Retire at 53. We'd have 80,000 a year for 20 years. No mortgage payment.
                    in this scenario you'd pay tax on 80K per year regardless of the source of the money originally invested (lotto, savings, etc.).

Comment

haha, okay I was just going by your original post:

in this scenario you'd pay tax on 80K per year regardless of the source of the money originally invested (lotto, savings, etc.).
                      Negative.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Positive. it's income man, you've got to pay income taxes! Well I guess could go to jail but they'd get you one way or another!
                        Last edited by nbrantr; 08-12-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Can’t believe nobody has mentioned splitting the $2m with the wife, cutting her loose, and moving to Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

slow down hoss, you do have to pay taxes on the $80K since it is income

That depends on how he got the $80k per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Positive. it's income man, you've got to pay income taxes! Well I guess could go to jail but they'd get you one way or another!
                              What don't you understand about the fact that he's just pulling $80k per year out of his savings to live on. That money would have already had taxes paid on it when it was earned. He can pull $80k out for 25 years before he eats up the $2MM. He's right. He would not have to pay taxes on that money again.

Comment

Nice house on the lake in the hill country.

Comment

Working...
                                X