Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric blackout - Is it all over Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
    I want to know how they pick who to cut off and who to leave up, and who gets to make that decision.
    If district manager of electric company lives in your neighborhood you will probably be alright, except for a major equipment failure in your area.

Comment

We lost power in Midland at 1:00 last night. 14 hours later, they got it back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexdeer19 View Post
        I’m in New Braunfels and get power for 45 minutes then off for 1:15. My buddy owns a house a couple miles away and hasn’t lost power yet. Not sure how they are picking and choosing.
        He must of donated more to the local politicians. Just kidding I’m not sure how they figure it either. The neighbors behind me are out and two streets in front are out. I’m just sitting here quite.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
          Almost 1/2 of Centerpoint’s customers in Houston is without power.

They say capacity is reduced by 20-30%, yet all major industrial customers who signed up to do so in an emergency have been cut and 1/2 of the customers have no power. Something is not adding up.

Mines been out since midnight last night.

My brother’s out in Katy as been out since 4PM yesterday.
          I think your are correct.

Comment

This was sent to me by a neighbor.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	46FFB426-319C-4BF1-8434-FF8134F76964.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	24644755

Comment

I’m in east side of Pearland and have not lost power at all *knocking on wood*

Comment

South of Waco, since 2 AM, we have power for 20 minutes and then off for 20 minutes. Can't do much other than read. Better than nothing, but hope this ends soon.

Comment

Ours just came back on. Been out since 5am. Hopefully this is good news for the rest of yall
                  Last edited by hogslayer78; 02-15-2021, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                    It’s all done as one entity. Power isn’t separated from Austin and DFW. It’s a statewide grid. The guy from ERCOT said they had multiple forms of power production go down. Our capacity is 74,000mw. By time everything went down was accounted for, we are operating on 44,000mw. So, they lost close to half the grid to, unknown reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is the right explanation. Just because a power plant is near you or wind turbines near you, that doesn’t necessarily mean that is where power is coming from. Solar was down at night, wind turbines are down. A lot of coal plants that were reliable were shut down in years past. I actually worked at one. With the way the weather had been, units are going to have problems. It’s not good but if they dont do black outs the whole state could go dark.

Comment

In Aledo. Had rolling blackouts starting at midnight. Lost power at 3 AM. Still off as of 5 PM.

Comment

So whats going to happen is everyone is going to go immedialtly prep for this the moment they are able to drive... and it wont happen again for another 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                          In Aledo. Had rolling blackouts starting at midnight. Lost power at 3 AM. Still off as of 5 PM.

In Willow Park and we never had rolling blackouts it just dropped around 2 AM and still out!

Comment

Originally posted by Tcooper93 View Post
                            In Willow Park and we never had rolling blackouts it just dropped around 2 AM and still out!

That's what happened to us but ours just came back on. With lows here in Montgomery county at 6 degrees, and cold as hell across the state, I wouldn't be surprised if more people lose power as the night goes on with higher demand.

Comment

exactly^^^^^ what that Man said.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                                I want to know how they pick who to cut off and who to leave up, and who gets to make that decision.
                                That’s what I want to know.
                                We have Bluebonnet in Burleson co
                                Ours have been on n off at 30 min intervals since last night.
                                While my brother n friends on another stretch of road hasn’t lost power yet.
                                I have lots of wood cut and 2 fireplaces we’ll b fine for a few more days.

Comment

Working...
                                X