Shnf '18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
    Great job Robert, and man that's a heck of a stab, was that with one of those havalon scalpel knives? I hear they're more dangerous because they are sharper but don't have a good grip.
    Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
    Good job chief!! It was bound to happen. And don’t cut yourself again. That stuff hurts. How’d that happen anyway?
    It wasn't my havalon it was my old trusty knife. And I was breaking down my deer, using it to chop through the ribs like a cleaver at her spine, and it blew through the last couple and glanced off the spine into my leg. Then I got to pack her out and thankfully Tod met me and helped take care of the meat while I went to the ER

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
      That is an impressive cut!
      Originally posted by Harry View Post
      Yikes!!!
      Yeah it sure didn't feel impressive lol

Comment

It'll make a cool story. Remember chicks dig scars.

Comment

I scouted the Sam this summer, then promptly had a baby this fall and haven't hunted at all so you guys posting all this success are giving me major FOMO.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
            It'll make a cool story. Remember chicks dig scars.
            Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
              It wasn't my havalon it was my old trusty knife. And I was breaking down my deer, using it to chop through the ribs like a cleaver at her spine, and it blew through the last couple and glanced off the spine into my leg. Then I got to pack her out and thankfully Tod met me and helped take care of the meat while I went to the ER

glad you had a friend to help out, hope ya heal up quick and great job filling the freezer!

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                glad you had a friend to help out, hope ya heal up quick and great job filling the freezer!
                Yeah it came in clutch no doubt. And thanks, I'm gonna try to get back out when the stitches come out!

Comment

No one's gotten anything!??!!?!?!??!?!???!

Comment

The friend I went to SHNF with shot this buck on Tuesday morning. He looked at him for a long time before finally deciding to shoot. Just barely made the 13 inches. I should have shot a pig Tuesday night but with a few small fork bucks already in the clearing I hunted I chose to hold out for a doe. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have shot that pig. Overall a nice first trip. Might try to make a day trip to try and fill this doe tag before season ends.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                      The friend I went to SHNF with shot this buck on Tuesday morning. He looked at him for a long time before finally deciding to shoot. Just barely made the 13 inches. I should have shot a pig Tuesday night but with a few small fork bucks already in the clearing I hunted I chose to hold out for a doe. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have shot that pig. Overall a nice first trip. Might try to make a day trip to try and fill this doe tag before season ends.
                      Wow! Talk about cutting it close! Good looking buck though!

Comment

At first glance I would have thought no way that buck is close but the height makes it look bigger than it is. Congrats to your friend and glad he was legit.

Comment

At first glance I would have thought no way that buck is close but the height makes it look wider than it is. Congrats to your friend and glad he was legit.

Comment

I honestly don't know how good of a look he got of him from the front. He is definitely cutting it close. Looking from the side I can see thinking he has to be wide enough. He felt good enough about it to take the shot and I was glad the buck measured out.

Comment

Happy Birthday Tod!

Comment

Happy birthday Tod!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X