No announcement yet.

Covid vaccine questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the Moderna in April and got Covid in August. No side affects for me from the shot.

Apparently the vax will not keep you from getting the rona. I did read some info that indicates that the vax might keep you from dying and/or becoming really bad sick.

Not real sure about that either though. I was in bad shape for 8-9 days straight.

Comment

Pfizer soon after it became available. All family members got it with no issues.
      Will get the booster when it becomes available.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife and I got Pfizer in April, neither had anything other than sore arm for a bit, we are mid 50s. Son was freshman in college got Maderna about same time and was tired for a day, daughter is 15 got hers in June and nothing, she got Pfizer.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          If it don't keep you from getting sick or passing it on, what's the point? It's like any other virus or disease. It'll pass eventually. And it's killing people that were probably on their way out anyways. The way I see it is if I ain't strong enough to fight something that's a pretty good sign I don't need to be here anymore. I'll die and the strong will keep living. Natural selection.

When you start thinking that way and realizing the world doesn't exactly need you to keep going it's pretty easy to accept. Let nature take it's course. If you're around when it's all over,good. If not you'll return to nature.
          While I respect your opinion I disagree with your position. I got the Pfizer back in March/April. My wife didn't. I had a breakthrough case 5 weeks ago and had flu like symptoms for 3 days and then felt much better. I did quarantine for 10 days per the CDC recommendations. The day that was up my wife got sick. She wasn't to bad for the first 5 days but then it took a turn for the worse. She spent 2 weeks in the hospital, 3 of those in ICU. I thought for a few days I was going to lose her. She's home now with an oxygen generator. It doesn't take much exertion and she's out of breath, like walking to the bathroom and back. She has lung damage that we don't know yet if it will be permanent or not. I know that most people do survive it but even then they are sick much longer than I.

To answer the OP's question I didn't have anything more than a sore arm for a day after each shot. No big deal and I'd do it again if needed.

Comment

Moderna here. Had some mild fatigue 24 hours later after the second dose. After a good night's sleep, it was gone. And that was all.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Moderna here. Had some mild fatigue 24 hours later after the second dose. After a good night's sleep, it was gone. And that was all.
              This^^^^^ Exact some symptoms and medicine.

Comment

My MIL got the moderna.

She has had shoulder pain and inflammation on the jabbed arm ever since. So bad she cant lift it above her head and can barely do basic right arm functions. She has had to learn to use her left had for everything including writing. Her arm stays in a sling now. Dr told her its arthritis....

Comment

I had moderna and sore arm, pregnant wife got one Pfizer then contracted covid and only had mild symptoms. No symptoms from the shot. When her and my son both had covid in the house I either never got it or couldn't tell I had it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                    While I respect your opinion I disagree with your position. I got the Pfizer back in March/April. My wife didn't. I had a breakthrough case 5 weeks ago and had flu like symptoms for 3 days and then felt much better. I did quarantine for 10 days per the CDC recommendations. The day that was up my wife got sick. She wasn't to bad for the first 5 days but then it took a turn for the worse. She spent 2 weeks in the hospital, 3 of those in ICU. I thought for a few days I was going to lose her. She's home now with an oxygen generator. It doesn't take much exertion and she's out of breath, like walking to the bathroom and back. She has lung damage that we don't know yet if it will be permanent or not. I know that most people do survive it but even then they are sick much longer than I.

To answer the OP's question I didn't have anything more than a sore arm for a day after each shot. No big deal and I'd do it again if needed.
                    If she had the vaccine would things have been any different? If you did would they have been? Or is that the way things turned out and would have regardless? These are the type of things I wonder about. Of course we'll never know because of the course of events that played out the way they did under the circumstances in which they played out.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      J&J. No side effects at all.
                      Same

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                        I’m confused
                        In one sentence you stated that the vac will not keep you from spreading the virus and then in the next sentence you said you got the vac in order not to spread it to your recovering wife???
                        Which is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In between those sentences, Note I said I got it in January...

This was afore they realized the vacs weren’t capable of you getting and spreading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                          Im not following this logic.

OP im on the non jabbed control group. Wish we actually wanted to fight this and get people well. America is sick and its not from a respiratory virus.

My wife had a tumor the size of a softball on her kidney, extended up the vena cava into her lungs... they cut her open autopsy style, in ICU for 7 days. All the meds they gave her weakend her immune system really bad. If’n I brought the virus home, and she got it, it would’ve killed her.

Could you live with yourself if’n you were in my shoes?????

And, some people trust their clergy more than a doctor.

Comment

Moderna April 1. No side effects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              If she had the vaccine would things have been any different? If you did would they have been? Or is that the way things turned out and would have regardless? These are the type of things I wonder about. Of course we'll never know because of the course of events that played out the way they did under the circumstances in which they played out.
                              You’re right there’s no way to know for sure but if nothing else I believe it shortened the time and severity I was sick. I know several people that had it prior to the vaccine and every one was sick for 10 or more days. I’ll take what I had over that any day. My wife doesn’t have any of the risk factors you hear about that make covid worse. She’s 57 and in good health. When she got sick I expected her to be sick for a week or so then get better and for about 5 days it looked like that would be the case. When it went bad it went in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickLT1 View Post
                                Phizer in April. Sore arm for about 12 hours, woke up with the sweats that night, and was perfectly fine the next day. 2nd dose I had zero side affects.
                                This perfectly describes my reaction.

Comment

Working...
                                X