Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you secure

Your rural cabin?
    I’ve thought about the cell cameras and will do that. But, how about your doors and windows and anything else you can think of? I’ve thought about fabbing some window inserts to install when we leave etc etc. what’s yalls thoughts?

Not all of us have a rural cabin. You should check your white privilege at the door.

Just kidding, I have nothing of value to add
    Last edited by Triple 7; 09-24-2021, 07:05 AM.

Comment

In for answers. Right now we have locks on the doors, but nothing on the windows. And we don't keep anything good there except appliances. Would like to start furnishing the place.

Comment

We had a weekend place for 15 years prior to retirement. We now live here and had a house built in 2015.
        I never did anything special with exception of keeping things out of sight and normal locks. I wasn’t keen on having people over unless I knew them well. Knock on wood we have never had anything stolen (yet). And it’s in the deep east tx where some claim we are full of thieves and metheads.

Comment

Depends on location and situation I’d guess. I lock ours up and have been lucky so far. I leave access to allow someone to get to water if need be. We mostly deal with illegals where I’m at. I installed smaller windows, 18x20 something, a little higher on the walls than normal and keep the curtains pulled to limit visibility inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
            Not all of us have a rural cabin. You should check your white privilege at the door.

Just kidding, I have nothing of value to add
            Lol! That’s great. Lol!

Comment

Protect your home or business with Rollac rolling shutters. Find heavy-duty rolling security shutters, hurricane shutters, retractable awnings & solar shades.

Comment

I had an ex girlfriend who's step dad's family had land in se Texas they had to install bars on the windows to keep the crazies out

Comment

Originally posted by PapaSmurf View Post
                  I had an ex girlfriend who's step dad's family had land in se Texas they had to install bars on the windows to keep the crazies out
                  I put expanded metal over my windows to keep illegals from breaking windows, but they usually don’t have tools

Comment

At my previous lease, there was no 'cabin', but several campers - some pretty nice.
                    We did not leave guns/ammo or fancy electronics there, so basically just food, cloths, pots/pans, etc.
                    We found it easier to leave things unlocked rather than encouraging a bad guy to break windows, pry open doors, etc. which cause more damage (costwise) than whatever they could steal from the campers.

Comment

Cell camera and Farmers insurance .

Comment

I insured it and run a live camera on WiFi. Also got to know the neighbors real well and they keep an eye on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All great ideas fellas. I think the rollac will be a little out of our price range as well. When I say cabin brother I’m talking about a souped up she shed at best! Lol!

Comment

In the middle of nowhere, if someone wants in they are going to get in. If you make it look like a fortress it might get people wanting to know exactly whats inside that you’re protecting so well.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                              In the middle of nowhere, if someone wants in they are going to get in. If you make it look like a fortress it might get people wanting to know exactly whats inside that you’re protecting so well.
                              Very good point.

Comment

Working...
                              X