Whataburger Lampasas - Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whataburger Lampasas - Review

Just got back from eating the #1 combo at the new Whataburger in Lampasas.

Here's the good and bad.

Good - Got food pretty quick. It's a new building so it's big and clean.

Bad - The wife and I were both disappointed in the burgers. Just didn't seem fresh and hot enough. Fries were better than Storms but not near as good as Short Stop in the Austin area. Probably due to them pre-making patties because they're so busy this week but IMO that's a poor excuse.

Oh well. I don't need to eat out much anyway. We will head back to Eve's Cafe when we want to eat out again.

Storms has WAY better Dr Pepper (and I assume other soft drinks) also.

BoB's not gonna like this

Comment

The 2-3 local Whataburger's near Georgetown have REALLY dropped off in the past 6-12 months. Seems like the national merger might have finally sunk in or something. Will be giving the new Lampasas one a try tho for sure lol

Comment

The one in Cedar Park has gone down hill. Don't even go there if I can help it.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          BoB's not gonna like this
          That Dr Pepper part for sure. Whataburger has the best DP in the world for some reason. This guy cannot be trusted.

Who orders a single at a fast food joint?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 09-01-2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            That Dr Pepper part for sure. Whataburger has the best DP in the world for some reason. This guy cannot be trusted.

But do you like their DP floats? I like them too much and have managed to not partake of such deliciousness in at least a year. It’s time to order one again soon. Yummy.

Ya I get a double WB with jalapeños.
            Last edited by Katsaregood; 09-01-2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
              The 2-3 local Whataburger's near Georgetown have REALLY dropped off in the past 6-12 months. Seems like the national merger might have finally sunk in or something. Will be giving the new Lampasas one a try tho for sure lol
              Corpus WB is crazy, kinda gone down hill , sonic was good, but is terrible now , except the limeades

Comment

I can't imagine why anyone in Lampasas would go anywhere else but Storm's.
                I used to go there when I was a teenager....and I'm 70 now.
                Last edited by El Paisano; 09-01-2021, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Whataburger sucks. Meat is crap and always cold

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                    Whataburger sucks. Meat is crap and always cold
                    Come on man! It’s worse than that!

Comment

Had a double WB at one of the San Marcos locations last week. The meat patties are thinner now, and the buns are different. I’m glad when I opened the wrapper that the bun was not smashed looking. It tasted different and reminded me of stale bread.

Comment

The fries were better than Storm’s ??? I can’t believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

That's all I drink (soda wise) and it wasn't very good. Sorry. You've seen me be pro-WB 500 times over Storms but Storms has better DP

Comment

Always Storm's when I'm in Lampasas. Whataburgers are usually pretty good, my only gripe is the shakes are not made with ice cream.

Comment

I like Whataburger but still don't understand the hype. It's a garbage fast food burger just like all of them. Now give me a triple meat with large fries and a Dr. Pepper shake.

Comment

Working...
                              X