Best vacation for sport fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best vacation for sport fishing?

Next year we want to do an all inclusive type resort with my main interest of 2-4 days of sport fishing targeting bill fish first then anything after that. I am thinking the Dominican, also rooster fish would be very high on my list to catch as well.

Who, where, when looking for a Captin or captains to put in solid work for fish not a tourist attraction.

Costa Rica

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      Costa Rica
      That's it for bills. Roosters Los Barilles, LA Paz or something above cabo in sea of Cortez.

I believe best time for each is far apart though. July August for Rooster in Baja, December, January for Costa Rica.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hamilton, Burmuda

Comment

Guatemala is where it’s at for sail fish without a doubt. As well as all 3 species of marlin. As well as mahi. They have a small harbor so it doesn’t get extreme pressure and the waters are federally regulated for ALL billfish. Catch and release only. I’ve always wanted to go and in fact, I’m going to start seriously looking at it once my wife and I are back from Alaska next year. Watch some you tube videos. This is the place to go if you want to catch a sail on a fly rod. And not just one. I’ve seen videos where guys are catching 3-4 sails a day. On a fly rod!

Now, that doesn’t mean it happens every day. But it’s at least once a week down there. Lol. They don’t really have a season so to speak. It’s on fire down there just about year round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im planning the same and Ive decided Costa Rica late Winter.

Comment

Guatemala Sailfish capital of the world. Sport Fishing in Guatemala for Marlin and Sailfish. Big Dorado on the Fly. Fishing in Guatemala is great all year round. Fly fish for sailfish in Guatemala. World record for sailfish releases in Guatemala. Central america budget broker. Rooster Fishing in Guatemala. Caribbean Vacation, Guatemala Rio Dulce, Tarpon Fishing in Guatemala, Flat fishing in Guatemala. Whale watching in Guatemala is the new tourism option.

The link above is just to give insight. I do not know these guys or have any experience with them. But they have a great website that helps you navigate through and get great info. I do know there are charters down there that are of the all inclusive type.

Comment

Id go to Panama

I have fished Costa Rica twice and wasn't overly impressed.

Comment

We went to Casa Vieja lodge in Guatemala. I can’t say enough good things about it. Great staff, good food, and fabulous fishing. It’s a small lodge and not much to do but fish, hang out by the pool, and eat/drink. I think I landed 3 sails in one day on a flyrod and broke off 3-4 more because I got excited. The two days we fished conventional we landed 20+ a day with 3 of us fishing. Caught enough mahi mahi to make it interesting and big ones. The do some inshore fishing but the sailfish are where it’s at.

Comment

Here are some pics from our Guatemala trip. I would love to go back! Im thinking about Costa Rica next time because I love inshore fishing and near shore stuff. But, we had a blast!!!!!

Comment

Guatemala or Costa Rica.

Comment

The best fishing I’ve ever experienced was in Quepos,Costa Rica. Caught tuna till our arms didn’t want anymore, dorado as often as we wanted to, and landed 12 sailfish the first day and 9 the second. Didn’t see any marlin but they are there.

When I think of my dream fishing destination that’s where it’s at for me. One day I’m going to do a mother ship trip out to the FADS and fish marlin for 3 days.

Comment

We were thinking Dominican but wouldn’t mind heading to Costa Rica again.

I’m thinking 3 days fishing
                          Bill fish 1 day
                          Tuna/ mahi
                          Day of roosters (again)

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post

Here are some pics from our Guatemala trip. I would love to go back! Im thinking about Costa Rica next time because I love inshore fishing and near shore stuff. But, we had a blast!!!!!

Looks awesome who did you fish with?

Comment

Casa Vieja Lodge, Guatemala.

Comment

Working...
                              X