Let’s discuss Hagerman quality post 2020 hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s discuss Hagerman quality post 2020 hunts

Archery per TPWD 2020, October 3rd thru January 3rd. So @90 days? The guys that have the $ get to hunt the entire time, with permanent stands and feeders- don't come here bitching.

For the draw, 9 days including a youth archery in January. 11 days total? Yet the neighboring land owners have an issue for quality-get over it. You are shooting the shooters- and you leave the less than desirable for the drawn hunters. You are the problem, not the H hunters.

IMO, more are harvested over the season on private land (setting a feeder on the fence line), rather than hunting it like a man.

Get off the fenceline, feeders and hunt.

Just my 2-cents

You mad or what

Comment

Nope, not mad or what- just following up on a post from this weekend.

Do I sound mad?

Comment

Yes, you do. For the record, I think the Hagerman hunts are good and incentivizing hunters with the golden ticket is great for keeping a good herd balance. Also, I don't like crossbows for able bodied hunters

Comment

What's the matter, you don't like being a "driver" for the Hagerman neighbors?

Comment

Lol man yall love blowing up poor ole Hag...And yes, i agree, Crossbows for Able bodied hunters is pretty lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Greylight318 View Post
              Yes, you do. For the record, I think the Hagerman hunts are good and incentivizing hunters with the golden ticket is great for keeping a good herd balance. Also, I don't like crossbows for able bodied hunters
              I actually agree, they can't keep herd balance with archery only. Keep the discussion going.

Comment

He's referring to a debate that took place in the Seg. C live hunt that Hagerman was hunted out and too many medium sized deer have been shot, thereby reducing the available bucks to get to monster status. IMO, it's a public land hunt that produces more good deer than many other public places. Not everyone can afford leases either.

Carry on.

Comment

Thanks Pistol.

And- carry on.

Comment

I’m all for the hag hunts. Why should only the neighboring properties get to enjoy something as special as the hag?

Comment

Thanks Null, because they own the land, but that doesn't mean they get they get to gripe about the quality- when they control the quality. Just my 2-cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Greylight318 View Post
                        What's wrong with crossbows? Don't you think more deer are loss due to poor shooting from a compound than a crossbow?

Also, I think that more deer are probably harvested on Hag than on adjoining neighbors. You have a lot more tags trying to be filled on the draw hunts than those who can be patient and wait for the right mature buck to come along on their own property. I'm seeing deer come out of Hag that would possibly be passed on if a person had more than 3 days to hunt it. It seems that any good buck comes through and it is being taken because the shooter doesn't know if he/she will have any other chances. That can't be good for trying to grow big deer.

Comment

Hag is not shot out. The private land owners are not the problem. There is no problem. Guys just go out there and literally expect to see monsters running all over the place. The reality is that most guys that get to hunt there just aren’t as good of hunters as they think they are. They can’t pick the right spot for the right reasons at the right time. They aren’t disciplined enough to not move around, or eat on stand or a dozen other reasons. Point blank, the monsters guys want to see out there are gonna come easy. Sure every once in a while some Gomer will Forrest Gump his way to success. There’s half a dozen or so guys I know here in Grayson county that regularly kill monsters and they all have a lot in common. Some guys just don’t have what it takes to kill old mature whitetails with a bow, but everyone thinks they do

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                            Thanks Null, because they own the land, but that doesn't mean they get they get to gripe about the quality- when they control the quality. Just my 2-cents.
                            They don’t control squat

Comment

Good discussion, I don't agree with all- yet still good.

Comment

Working...
                              X