This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I'm curious to see how the Ags respond to a loss. They were riding an 11 game win streak. I think this team has enough leadership that they won't let the loss negatively effect them for the next game.

Not making excuses for the Oline, but until they can get a consistent group on the field together, they won't develop any continuity as a unit. Green played three different positions on Saturday (RG, RT, LT). They started two true freshmen, and had to do even more shuffling when the TN transfer, Johnson, went down.

I think I heard a couple of weeks ago that Stowers was still participating in some QB drills. Any chance they move him back to full time QB?

I'll be curious to see how Fisher grades Calzada after watching the film. Was it more of an issue with receivers getting open or Calzada just not finding them? Replays showed one play where Weidermeyer came open, the QB was looking right at him and just didn't pull the trigger until the defender was at his back (then threw it at his feet.)
    You gotta think Stowers or Bost gets a chance this week. O-Line is a major disappointment and the constant shuffle doesn't help. However, I have yet to see Calzada look away a defender and repeatedly throws inaccurate balls. At some point we have to stop blaming timing and bad routes....

ac

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
      That’s gonna be fun. I think Ole Miss has a good shot.
      I bet that Ole Miss is competitive in the first half then Bama gets the best of them. It should be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
        You gotta think Stowers or Bost gets a chance this week. O-Line is a major disappointment and the constant shuffle doesn't help. However, I have yet to see Calzada look away a defender and repeatedly throws inaccurate balls. At some point we have to stop blaming timing and bad routes....

ac
        Stowers looked overwhelmed in the Spring Game, and that they moved him to TE early in fall camp leaves me wondering if he's even a capable option. Bost may give them the best chance to win right now, and that's kind of a scary thought.

As Casey pondered a couple of weeks back..."Can we call up Weigman now?"
        Last edited by Michael; 09-27-2021, 09:36 AM.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Maybe they refs will get confused with all that dark red on the field this week and throw a bunch of phantom targetting calls on State...

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
            I bet that Ole Miss is competitive in the first half then Bama gets the best of them. It should be fun!
            Your probably right, I guess I’m hoping Ole Miss has a shot.

Comment

I am pulling for Joey Freshwater

Comment

The Aggies are still a top 15 team and Texas is unranked yet it seems Texas fans are more confident in their team.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

2021 College Football - Week 5

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  The Aggies are still a top 15 team and Texas is unranked yet it seems Texas fans are more confident in their team.

Texas is two (blowout) wins removed from a loss (with impressive QB play from the replacement), while the hangover is still fresh for the Ags.

I think the realization that Calzada probably isn’t an answer at QB is sobering, especially with Bama looming in two weeks (not to mention the potential unpredictability of a Leach coached team coming to town this weekend.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

TCU you better find some heart on that team or this is gonna be a long yr. Sat was absolutely horrible. But still GO FROGS

Comment

At this point, I’m not sure tu isn’t the favorite to win the BigXII.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Certainly haven’t seen anything out of OU that should cause them concern.

Comment

Don't say that!!! Our players will read it and believe it!!! I am happy for UT to be unranked for another few weeks... Lets beat TCU first.

Comment

Yeah I gotta see a victory over TCU first.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Season expectations.

A&M fans had planned on a CFB playoff birth and Texas fans just wanted to see improvement from the mess of Strong / Herman. Texas looks closer to achieving those expectations than A&M does. A lot of season left for both squads.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                                Don't say that!!! Our players will read it and believe it!!! I am happy for UT to be unranked for another few weeks... Lets beat TCU first.
                                Also don’t need to see the opposing teams backup QB go 17 of 23 for 324 yards and 3 TD’s.

Comment

Working...
                                X