No announcement yet.

Covid vaccine questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ivermectin as soon as possible, if it gets bad enough and you need to go to the hospital deny a medication called Remdesivir. Most of my family had COVID in early August. Hospital treatment needs to change, look into what Remdesivir is doing. The vaccine is a money maker for big pharm and the government.

Comment

Took pfizer in march/april. No side effects other than a sore arm at the injection site.

I think I had covid for 3 days in July. Really bad sinus issues. Congestion, sinus headache, etc. During a time of year I never have allergies. Also had a vary bad sore throat and cough that forced me to sleep in my recliner. Made an appointment on day 5 as suggested by Dr for a more accurate reading and tested negative. Was feeling better on day 3 but cough lingered for about 10 days.

In Aug, I slept in bed with someone who developed a fever overnight. She woke up with a 100 degree fever at 8am. Fever lasted all day and hit 101 so she tested next day and was positive. I never had any sign and delayed getting my kids for 2 days and got tested before getting them.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        10-4. I knew they toted it as preventing you from catching it or spreading it at first once vaxxed. Obviously common knowledge that it only helps reduce symptoms. Thanks for the info.

Who knows if we will ever get honest info about it to make an educated opinion.
        I think they are saying that it prevents you from having serious illness if you catch it. Lower chance of catching it and less severe cases if you do.

Good luck in whatever decision you make for you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
          I think they are saying that it prevents you from having serious illness if you catch it. Lower chance of catching it and less severe cases if you do.

Good luck in whatever decision you make for you and your family.
          Correct. Early on they stated it would PREVENT you from getting it. That was a lie. And part of my hesitation.

“Stop the spread”. It does not do that.

Potentially lessons the severity of symptoms, it most certainly can.

That’s all.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
            My 2020 case of covid sounds much less worse than most reactions to the jab.

I know lots of folks who have had severe issues with the jab, and more folks who have had little to no reaction to covid.

I’m not getting the vax until my work requires it and then I will have a serious decision to make. I won’t participate in any sporting event or fly until the mask mandates are lifted and no vaccine cards are required.

With that being said I know plenty of people who have gotten the jab and felt nothing or bad for a day at most. I know a bunch of people who have had a bad time with Covid and some even died.

The ones who went to the hospital all are getting the vax it seems. The ones who were pretty sick are on the fence with some getting it and some saying they don’t need it now because of the antibodies.

I had it in November and it was a cold for me and never spent anytime in bed with chills or body aches. I was more tired than usual but I hunted, drank lots of beer, filled feeders and moved myself to my new house.

My experience has been completely opposite of yours with the vax with somebody having any issues vs Covid complications.

Comment

To the OP. If you are not comfortable with either improve your situation until something is available. There are other options in 3 phase testing now that you may be more comfortable with. Until then you should do your research and do what you can to make your temple stronger. Best advice I have

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                Wife and I both. Sore arms for a bit and I was a little run down after #2 for a day
                Same results for my wife and I.

Comment

I got the Johnson & Johnson, one and done, no issues

Comment

I got the Phizer two shot. Then I also got a 3rd shot as I am immunosupressed.

Had two distinct side effects. First was that after shots 2 and 3 I felt a bit rough the day after. The second is that I just keep getting better looking! Not complaining. Just wish I'd gotten the jab 30-years ago.

Comment

Me and 33 year old daughter (covid nurse) - Pfizer

Wife- J & J

Son and daughter in law - moderna

Nothing other than arm soreness for any of us.

Luckily, none of us have had any breakthrough cases. I’m about to get my booster in the next 30-60 days. My nurse daughter already received her 3rd.

Comment

Exactly why I haven’t got it.

I’m not against it. I just want to make an educated opinion. I can’t do that with the current info out. BOTH sides seem full of it.

I want good honest unbiased long term info on side affects. Lung issues. Heart issues etc.

It’s so politicized that it’s making that impossible. Wife and I both had covid. Confirmed by tests. And I’m unsure if natural immunity is better than the shot. I just want honest info and can’t get it!

I’m tuned in to read all this for first hand info.

Off topic question. Kinda.

A few of you say you had a “break through case”. What’s that mean? Serious.
                        This is where I have been. It’s impossible to get accurate info from it.

All you get from the pro vax crowd is “The CDC says vaccines are safe and effective,” no matter what side effects people have or the fact that they don’t prevent you from getting or spreading Covid, and are now onto 3rd booster shots.

All you get from the anti vax crowd is “I’m never taking that shot, no matter what”, and “everyone who took it will die in 5 years” on the extreme end.

I had avoided it until now as I’m 33 and not overweight, but lately more young people around here have been dying of Covid. I had previously felt that the risk of the vaccine was around the risk of complications from Covid.

However, I have a wife and two young boys, and the more I’ve thought about it, while the risk of complications from the vaccine is still very possible, I believe the risk of dying from Covid is now greater.

I wasn’t thrilled about it, but I decided it was worse the risk of the shot snd got the Moderna, I’m supposed to get the second dose today.

FWIW, I have been taking Ivermectin prophylactically for a couple months now, since it started getting worse around here. That had been all I intended on doing, but they recently recommended increasing the frequency and dosage of that due to the Delta variant, which has decreased my faith in that also.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                          This is where I have been. It’s impossible to get accurate info from it.

All you get from the pro vax crowd is “The CDC says vaccines are safe and effective,” no matter what side effects people have or the fact that they don’t prevent you from getting or spreading Covid, and are now onto 3rd booster shots.

All you get from the anti vax crowd is “I’m never taking that shot, no matter what”, and “everyone who took it will die in 5 years” on the extreme end.

I had avoided it until now as I’m 33 and not overweight, but lately more young people around here have been dying of Covid. I had previously felt that the risk of the vaccine was around the risk of complications from Covid.

However, I have a wife and two young boys, and the more I’ve thought about it, while the risk of complications from the vaccine is still very possible, I believe the risk of dying from Covid is now greater.

I wasn’t thrilled about it, but I decided it was worse the risk of the shot snd got the Moderna, I’m supposed to get the second dose today.

FWIW, I have been taking Ivermectin prophylactically for a couple months now, since it started getting worse around here. That had been all I intended on doing, but they recently recommended increasing the frequency and dosage of that due to the Delta variant, which has decreased my faith in that also.
                          Had you had covid before?

We share the same thoughts.

I’m waiting for someone to have factual evidence that the vax adds “length” to “it”. Probably the Johnson and Johnson vax. That may convince me. Might even get a few extra shots

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            I’m not getting the vax until my work requires it and then I will have a serious decision to make. I won’t participate in any sporting event or fly until the mask mandates are lifted and no vaccine cards are required.

With that being said I know plenty of people who have gotten the jab and felt nothing or bad for a day at most. I know a bunch of people who have had a bad time with Covid and some even died.

The ones who went to the hospital all are getting the vax it seems. The ones who were pretty sick are on the fence with some getting it and some saying they don’t need it now because of the antibodies.

I had it in November and it was a cold for me and never spent anytime in bed with chills or body aches. I was more tired than usual but I hunted, drank lots of beer, filled feeders and moved myself to my new house.

My experience has been completely opposite of yours with the vax with somebody having any issues vs Covid complications.
                            Keep In mind the early versions of the virus were bad, but no nearly as bad as this current and evolving strains. The newer strains are much more resistant and easier transmission. I too had covid in dec 2020 and it was very light for me, but I’m just now getting smell and taste back from that one. Please pray for our medical workers who face this virus and it’s terrible results every day.

Comment

Had you had covid before?

We share the same thoughts.

I’m waiting for someone to have factual evidence that the vax adds “length” to “it”. Probably the Johnson and Johnson vax. That may convince me. Might even get a few extra shots
                              Not confirmed with a test but wife and I had the symptoms besides loss of taste/smell last year.

I did read an article from Israel stating that the considered natural antibodies + 1 dose of the vaccine to be the “ideal protection”

Comment

I was going to have to quarantine for work before going offshore (on my own time) so I got the J&J to be one and done. Arm was sore for a few days and had night sweats 2nd night and general fatigue the next day but that was it. Wife decided to do the same a few weeks later and had similar experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X