How to Kill a Lot of…?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Air rifle is best. Quiet, cheap, hopefully no spray. Take a pic of each one for landowner.
    Unfortunately they release the juice upon expiration. Buggers were always an unintended catch in my steel traps when I was a kid. I never disposed of one that did not release.

Then again I never used a shotgun.
    Last edited by PlanoDano; 09-19-2021, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I've shot a ton of skunks with all sorts of stuff. The only two I can remember not spraying was one I turned inside out with a .204 Ruger and one I literally blew in half with a .410 shotgun from point blank range. They're most likely going to spray that's just part of it. Head shot,lung shot,heart shot,butt shot,bullet,pellets.....pretty much expect it to stink.

The two I remember may have stunk later. I didn't go up and put my nose over them to see if they did or not. I'm just sayin I didn't smell them.
      Last edited by okrattler; 09-19-2021, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Skunks. I need y’all’s advice/opinions. I’m hunting in a very suburban area and have a skunk problem. For example, I shot 7 tonite with my bow (man they smell bad) and missed 3 others. That was in about a 1/4 mile drive from stand to truck. The place is loaded and the landowner wants em gone. Problem is the suburban thing. Besides the bow, what can I do? Keeping the suburban thing in mind…

No, I ain’t gonna trap them.
        I heard they hate tomato juice. Good luck.

Comment

Oh BTW your thread stinks.

Comment

.22 shorts...low noise.

You're welcome!

Comment

Someone mentioned on here a while back if you shoot them in the lungs they are much more likely to not spray. So maybe a pellet gun shot in the lungs

Comment

I got an Umarex Fusion last year on sale at Academy. Super quiet (has built in ‘silencer’ and powerful enough that my daughter one shot killed at coon at 40 yds.

Umarex USA is one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of airguns, pistols, rifles, and more. With almost 50 years of experience producing the finest airguns available, we understand the value behind German engineering and quality down to the minutest detail.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  Ok so I trap them…and then what? I’d rather shoot em on sight and drive off.
                  At we had a trap called "The skunker". It was round like a pipe, but had feet so it would not roll. Once inside, the skunk cannot raise up its rear to spray. We had a rope tied on it, drug it to a pit, and drowned them.

Killed about 50+ in a few months. Before that they were everywhere at night eating crickets.

Comment

Got some family members who have done a fair bit of trapping. As I understand it, a heart shot/lung shot skunk is much less likely to spray. That .17 with frangibles sounds like the ticket to me.

Comment

Shoot them in the trap and drive off. When you come back they will probably be jerked out of the trap by a coyote.

Comment

Something like this shooting slugs
                        .22 caliber Caiman X. Made in the CR has a CZ barrel super accurate & quite. It will be with me this morning taking care of a squirrel problem at my house in town. The squirrels have taken over since we moved out & are running rampant around the attic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
                          Something like this shooting slugs
                          .22 caliber Caiman X. Made in the CR has a CZ barrel super accurate & quite. It will be with me this morning taking care of a squirrel problem at my house in town. The squirrels have taken over since we moved out & are running rampant around the attic.

Brother you spent some money [emoji383] just to kill a squirrel [emoji1787]. Very nice

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                            I got an Umarex Fusion last year on sale at Academy. Super quiet (has built in ‘silencer’ and powerful enough that my daughter one shot killed at coon at 40 yds.

https://www.umarexusa.com/umarex-fus...compact-airgun

You just made me buy a new gun but they aren’t in stock. I’m on the waiting list!

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                              You just made me buy a new gun but they aren’t in stock. I’m on the waiting list!

Amazon shows to have 17 in stock.

Comment

Trappem, in a big hog trap. That way they won't smell.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X