Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone heard anything bad about wells Fargo bank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went with PenFed credit union. Thanks for the help.

Comment

We've had nothing but bad experiences with Wells Fargo in our business dealings. Dropped them and ran. The branch nearest me is like going to a 3rd world country anyway. Never again.

Comment

Frost or Credit Union. The rest can f off.

Comment

Wife works at bank where we do business and there is a steady flow of people leavin g wells Fargo and opening accounts at our bank and elsewhere. Wells Fargo sorriest banking institution our there

Comment

Way back when- Wells Fargo was charging me a fee monthly to bank with them, I switched to a Credit Union that pays me 1% of my balance a month to bank with them.

It was 6.9% (up to $20k cap) at one time, then trickled down to the current 1%.
            Still capped at $20k on the dividend, but at least they are paying me instead of the other way around.

I'd say give a local credit union a shot.

Comment

30 year mortgage and never a problem.

Comment

I used to bank with them years ago and left after a girl at my local branch opened 2 CC accounts in my name and began racking up charges against them. She did this with several other customers also. I pulled my money once they got everything fixed. I’m with the Boeing employees credit union now and have been very happy with them.

Comment

Never used them before and we got wood floors put into our home and their financing was through WF, paid them off fast highest interest loan I’ve ever had
                  And floors are just decent

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                    What's their position on bow hunting? And where does your bank rank on gun restrictions?
                    My bank is in Troup, Texas, kinda like Mayberry. I’m quite sure if you asked the folks that run WF about killing stuff with a sharp stick they would get the vapors.

I don’t think your questions were serious anyway, just kinda smartazzed.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      F Wells Fargo. I had them for years as a back up bank as a traveled a lot, and they were almost everywhere. I couldn’t drop them fast enough.
                      Same situation for me.Never enjoyed my experiences with them.

Comment

I had a CD with WF about 10 yrs ago. After it matured, I withdrew my money and closed my account.
                        It wasn't long after that, I started hearing/reading about their many shady practices, and wouldn't think of opening another account with them for anything. I've been a Texas Dow Employees Credit Union member for almost 20 years and have had good luck with them for auto and home loans, as well as checking /savings accounts, etc....
                        I hear some people complain about this CU, but all in all, I'm really quite satisfied with them. I do 99% of my banking online, and they have 3 branches within 15 miles of my house, if something comes up requiring me to go into a branch.

Comment

Our LLC has it's account there.
                          Just those dealings have made it a no go for me personally.
                          We've been EECU members forever. Works great for us.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Leaders in organized bank fraud.

They've been busted multiple times for creating fictitious loans. When they said they fixed it, and they were the most trusted bank with integrity being their focus, they got busted again for the EXACT same thing!
                            Last edited by Dusty Britches; 09-02-2021, 08:31 AM.

Comment

If there is a First Financial Bank where you live, they are good folks. Texans helping Texans. Bank of America left us high and dry when they pulled up stakes and left San Angelo. We already had a relationship with FFB so moved four accounts over to them and haven't looked back.

Comment

Biggest crooks in the banking business,although they have some really stiff competition.Good luck ,I wouldn't use them if they paid me too,they used to suck,they still do and will.

Comment

Working...
                                X