4 hours in…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 hours in…..

And still waiting to be seen at the er! This is ridiculous.

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
    Do you have covid or another ailment/emergency? Hang in there man!!!

Comment

My wife. She’s been sitting in there for hours and they just keep passing her up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
        We went through this yesterday with my Dad. First hospital wouldn't even look at him because they said they were too full and it would be hours. He had a hole in his leg that I could put my fist in and he was bleeding all over their floor. We drove 50 miles to the next closest hospital and they had to staple him up in the hallway because it was wall to wall covid patients everywhere. Seems our area ER's are overwhelmed. Hope they see you soon. In hindsight an ambulance would have got him in quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          We went through this yesterday with my Dad. First hospital wouldn't even look at him because they said they were too full and it would be hours. He had a hole in his leg that I could put my fist in and he was bleeding all over their floor. We drove 50 miles to the next closest hospital and they had to staple him up in the hallway because it was wall to wall covid patients everywhere. Seems our area ER's are overwhelmed. Hope they see you soon. In hindsight an ambulance would have got him in quicker.
          This was my thinking sitting in the parking lot for hours. You can’t tell me there’s not a better way. There’s no excuse for not following up and checking with people.

Comment

During H1N1 panic on the border In McAllen, I needed emergency surgery and when told it was a 16-20 hour wait, I drove myself to San Antonio and ER was ready for my surgery ,
            But with this mess I’m not sure if that would work

Comment

They just moved her from the waiting room to lobby bathroom…. Seriously???

Comment

Are you at Baylor Scott and White? Which One? I'm sorry to hear about this, and hope everything speeds up quickly for yall. Hope your wife is okay.

Comment

Yea, over on 71

Comment

A lot of these facilities in this area arent full due to beds being full, they are full due to manpower shortages to actually run the facilities at capacity.

Comment

They aren’t that busy. A year and a half in and they are putting people in the bathroom? I get it, it sucks. But come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                        A lot of these facilities in this area arent full due to beds being full, they are full due to manpower shortages to actually run the facilities at capacity.

This…all across Texas. Nurses are walking off from their shifts on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                          Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
                          This…all across Texas. Nurses are walking off from their shifts on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          TBH loves them some conspiracy regarding all things covid.

My buddy told us this weekend his nurse wife is now making $100/hr. Keep that demand high

Comment

A lot of nurses are going contract for the $$$$ which is causing a lot of areas to lose their regular employed to the competition.

Comment

I called and spoke to the nurse to see what was going on. First they said she wasn’t there, then I told she had been there all afternoon and I knew that for fact because I’ve been in the parking lot all afternoon. Then when I told them to go look in the bathroom if they thought she wasn’t there! The nurse said we call it the negative pressure room. Why, cause that’s where the air intake is???? Then they said they were waiting for results. Funny because short of sticking her in the bathroom they didn’t test her for anything. It very frustrating. Since I called they are just now going to get a doc to see her.

Comment

Working...
                              X