Jehovah's Witness question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t confuse a relationship with Jesus with a cult

My opinion…if only 144,000 are going to heaven, why wouldn’t they want to keep it to themselves so there won’t be any competition?

Comment

Read Heaven, by Alcon. Don’t remember his first name.

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
        Don’t confuse a relationship with Jesus with a cult

My opinion…if only 144,000 are going to heaven, why wouldn’t they want to keep it to themselves so there won’t be any competition?
        I don't know anything about JW's but if only 144,000 go to heaven wouldn't it have been full a really long time ago?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

i have not seen a religion yet that was not quirky in some aspect. A little thing called FAITH is mandatory to walk in any religious order.

Comment

"A cult is a group that follows a man or false belief system JWs as a group study the Bible through and through every week and use it as a mirror and a magnifying glass on there beliefs and personality’s"

JW by definition would be considered a cult. They have numerous times throughout the years had a leaders that prophesied about the end times with specific dates that did not come to fruition (false prophets). The foundations of JW started in the 1800's by a man who had a vision involving bright lights and came out of this vision with a version of Jesus which contradicted what Jesus taught his followers about himself.

I am not using this thread to start anything more than healthy discussion. I will not have a discussion over religion that leads to hostility or animosity. That was my rule with the LDS missionaries and the JW that I have had contact with. I believe that LDS and JW are some of the nicest and most genuinely good people I have ever met, but the dividing line between our spiritual beliefs mainly comes down to what Jesus revealed about himself.
            Last edited by tradman; 08-13-2021, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              That system needs to be retooled a bit.

Good luck with that

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                I don’t know much about the JW faith, but I figured out in the 2nd grade, when this kid named Danny had to sit out of all our school Holiday parties, that I was glad to be a Baptist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                That reminds me of the 3rd grade. I went home fightin mad because a girl in my class didn't stand and say The Pledge of Allegiance with the rest of the class. I was offended and come to find out she was Jehovah's Witness. I didn't know nothin about it I thought she was commie or somethin.

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
                  "A cult is a group that follows a man or false belief system JWs as a group study the Bible through and through every week and use it as a mirror and a magnifying glass on there beliefs and personality’s"

JW by definition would be considered a cult. They have numerous times throughout the years had a leaders that prophesied about the end times with specific dates that did not come to fruition (false prophets). The foundations of JW started in the 1800's by a man who had a vision involving bright lights and came out of this vision with a version of Jesus which contradicted what Jesus taught his followers about himselff

I am not using this thread to start anything more than healthy discussion. I will not have a discussion over religion that leads to hostility or animosity. That was my rule with the LDS missionaries

and the JW that I have had contact with. I believe that LDS and JW are some of the nicest and most genuinely good people I have ever met, but the dividing line between our spiritual beliefs mainly comes down to what Jesus revealed about himself.
                  No sir there is a lil confusion to the bright lights and new revelations.I know who your talking about but JWs didn’t come up with that.They just use the Bible explain who Jesus was and is and nothing else except historical evidence to back up biblical teachings.I’ve looked up individual prophecy’s but can’t really find any Dogmatic JW publications on specific events or prophecy.I’ve tried to find faults and went down a many rabbit holes but by and large the religion has been pretty accurate especially with trying to promote clean living and biblical teaching.I’ve never seen such a group try and pattern there life and teaching after Jesus example.They have a website JW.org that I’ve researched a lot over the years to get to the root of their thought process.I’m quite impressed there is always a scripture or many scriptures behind every thing and a lot of archeological and historical facts to support the Bible and its teachings.No matter what your Christian faith look up there documentary on the Bible it’s very faith strengthening.It’s really amazing how the Bible came about over all these years and how accurate it is compared to anything else.

Comment

There's a great reference book that I have with chapters on both LDS and JWs among others. It would offer some perspective. The book is Kingdom of the Cults by Dr. Walter Martin. He used to d a radio show that I listened to on my way home from work in the 1990's. He may still be on for all I know. It's worth having on the shelf. Less than $5 on Ebay.

Comment

To the OP

JW do not hold a biblical view of Who Jesus is.

Or more properly who Jesus said He was.

Due to that quagmire, their explanation of His words will be skewed. I know many JW and have had great conversations with them away from the church and in a friendly setting. Again this conversation took place after befriending them for awhile…they can be very standoffish about thwir faith due to the way they are attacked

Comment

I thought the Jehovah's Witnesses get their own planet to rule over, or am I thinking of the Mormons? One of those two also have some secret underwear they never take off or something too. Don't confuse either with Christian beliefs, they are not like Christians.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          I thought the Jehovah's Witnesses get their own planet to rule over, or am I thinking of the Mormons? One of those two also have some secret underwear they never take off or something too. Don't confuse either with Christian beliefs, they are not like Christians.
                          I think Scientology does wear underwear and Mormon/ LDS wear a extra pair?

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
                            I've never understood how you could believe the 144k piece and still be a JW. A quick google says there are currently around 8 million JW worldwide. Those 144k passes are going to fill up quick!
                            Quick thought, WHAT if they already filled up?

Comment

I've stayed out of religious discussions mainly due to politics but this one keeps trying to suck me back in. Lol.

Comment

They also can't get blood transfusions. I forget the reason behind that.

I don't really ever go to the hospital so I could get behind that religion where you don't go to the hospital at all. I bet those people save a ton of money. I bet they also die more often than people in other religions. Excluding the hardcore Muslims that follow Allah's rules.....because uhhh.....well.....you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X