Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
    I’m slacking on the photos Jack. Haven’t put a camera out yet. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. Maybe get a good surprise and get fired up!
    I just got mine going couple weeks ago and noticed alot of trash.

Comment

Anyone know if Javelinas are in and around San Angelo?? I was driving on country club road east towards 277 and there was what looked like a dead javelina. It was kind of far to make out but I didn't think they lived in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Anyone know if Javelinas are in and around San Angelo?? I was driving on country club road east towards 277 and there was what looked like a dead javelina. It was kind of far to make out but I didn't think they lived in the area.
        I’ve seen them between Christoval and El Dorado

Comment

Nice bucks 88 bound. Is that first buck trying to throw a drop tine on his right side? Looks like something is going on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            Yes. There ate Javi’s around San Angelo areas. I’ve killed a few and seen some. They tend to come and go from time to time.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Zach. Hope you had a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                Nice bucks 88 bound. Is that first buck trying to throw a drop tine on his right side? Looks like something is going on there.
                Thanks! He was a main 11 last year and we decided to pass him to see what he would do. He actually damaged the velvet there and that side is growing much slower than the other. I'm curious to see how he turns out. I will post more pictures if there are any worth looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                  Thanks! He was a main 11 last year and we decided to pass him to see what he would do. He actually damaged the velvet there and that side is growing much slower than the other. I'm curious to see how he turns out. I will post more pictures if there are any worth looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                    Happy Birthday, Zach. Hope you had a good one.
                    Thank you Brandon!

Comment

We have quite a few deer with trash too Jack. It’s lookin like the off season rains may have pushed some extra out. Nothing crazy on camera yet but it’s still early and the pastures are green [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another buck I meant to post the other day.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I was out this weekend to our place south of Christoval. It was hot and dry yesterday, but started raining overnight. Several hours of good rain made the road slickernsnot on the way out. About all I did this time was work on the well house, getting the water back on after the freeze damage from February. I also put a couple bags in each feeder and started them running a little, and reset the cameras. Forgot the dang laptop, so didn't get to look at pics this time. I'll head back Sept 18/19 for one last checkup before go time.

In other news, when my grandmother died there were 7 vehicles parked on the place in various states of disrepair. This weekend I sold one and gave the last one away. After 3 years, the place is finally free of junk cars!

Comment

Sounds like a lot of the Angelo area got wet this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                              Sounds like a lot of the Angelo area got wet this weekend.
                              We sure hope so.........Our pastures have missed most of all the rains so for.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                                I was out this weekend to our place south of Christoval. It was hot and dry yesterday, but started raining overnight. Several hours of good rain made the road slickernsnot on the way out. About all I did this time was work on the well house, getting the water back on after the freeze damage from February. I also put a couple bags in each feeder and started them running a little, and reset the cameras. Forgot the dang laptop, so didn't get to look at pics this time. I'll head back Sept 18/19 for one last checkup before go time.

In other news, when my grandmother died there were 7 vehicles parked on the place in various states of disrepair. This weekend I sold one and gave the last one away. After 3 years, the place is finally free of junk cars!

Best of luck to you this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X