All Seasons Stand and Fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Seasons Stand and Fill

Who all is using these for corn? Thinking about switching everything over to these and would like some feedback from guys that are using them. What’s the pros and cons you’ve seen and dealt with? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are good. But not super tough. Texas Wildlife Supply is a far superior feeder. Highly recommend going with TWS over ASF.

Comment

Only down sides I’ve seen to them is they don’t scatter very far, so you end up with a wallow under it. And if you like using “the remote” it takes some tweaking to get the signal to the box.

Comment

I do, no issues..EXEPT....if you use the remote thecage reduces its range by 90%.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one like that. I really like my ASF...No complaints or issues with mine other than having to get more creative while using “the remote”. I like that it has a full length cage that allows me to run a conventional trap door spinner vs having to run an eliminator spinner with the smaller square type cages.

Comment

I’ve got 6 of them. Have had them for 5+ years. They are good. But have some drawbacks as previously stated. Additionally, the coons on our place can reach the spinner plate and do every night! Squirrels can get in the cages too.

In the last couple years, I’ve added four Lamco low and throw feeders and couldn’t be happier with those.

Comment

Stake them down good. On a ranch I hunted the Aoudad would turn them over.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                I do, no issues..EXEPT....if you use the remote thecage reduces its range by 90%.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
                My redneck fix for the remote was to attach some “speaker wire” to the antenna, run it up the box, along bottom of the feeder and out the corner of the base. I used gorilla tape to attach it to the bottom of the feeder and zip ties every where else. If that makes sense. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                  Only down sides I’ve seen to them is they don’t scatter very far, so you end up with a wallow under it. And if you like using “the remote” it takes some tweaking to get the signal to the box.
                  This. I’ve got a handful of them and I take bolt cutters and cut out every other wire on the cage. Takes a few minutes but it helps quite a bit and I haven’t had any coins get through.

Comment

I’ve got 3 that I use in East Texas. Was a huge improvement over winch up barrel feeders. Their solar chargers keep battery charged year round. I haven’t even had to re-charge one in three years. Mine scatters corn for over 30’ radius. Noisy maybe, but deer come running.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      They are good. But not super tough. Texas Wildlife Supply is a far superior feeder. Highly recommend going with TWS over ASF.
                      I'm using both and the TWS are doing much better. Horses discovered how to get the lid off the ASF like one in the OPs picture and the spinner has never worked to my satisfaction. TWS just keeps working, simple design, lasts for years.

Comment

Don’t get them if you have aoudad! They will destroy those feeders. We have those and Lamco Low n Throw. The aoudad have bashed up every ASF feeder, and not touched any of the Lamco feeders.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought three 600lb about 7 years ago
                          They are good feeders
                          They will pile some corn up under the feeder due to the cage but you can fix the at with some sheet metal
                          I’ve only had to replace one motor between the three and maintenance is easy on these if something goes wrong. Very reliable and very easy to move around, in fact I moved one of mine Saturday
                          Just back up, drop the tailgate, tilt the feeder over the tailgate and pick up on the legs and slide right jn. 30 second job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I use them and love them. I like the 2000 lb version better if budget isn’t an issue. It sits up higher, throws farther and it is built tougher.

Comment

Another vote for Lamco low and throw. Great product.

Comment

Working...
                              X