Another is He Legal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
    No! But he has a huge set of cohones on him ;-)
    Thank you. Or were you talking about the deer?

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
      Then shoot him. At least for me, if I feel a deer is mature and he's close on being 13" or not, I'm taking the shot. The thought of not taking a mature buck (which is "supposed" to be the reason for the 13" rule... create a more diverse age structure & allow more bucks to reach maturity) because he might only be 12" or 12.5" makes me laugh. Not that I'm making fun of you for thinking about the legal aspect, but just the whole concept of having to think about not shooting a mature deer because of potentially less than an inch.
      I tend to agree with you on not shooting a mature deer because of an inch.

Thanks for all of the replies. Prior to last year I had never hunted on an AR place and now that is all I hunt on. What a difference a year makes...I'm still getting used to it...

I really want to see him in person. As I stated earlier, I have a much bigger no doubter as #1 on my list. Fingers crossed for opening day on him. But, even if I shoot the big one there is 1 other hunter on the place that isn't really experienced plus my wife and kids so it would be good to know for sure what to tell them.
      Last edited by cehorn; 09-28-2021, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
        Too close to call.... not worth it
        Winner. No

Comment

Not even close. Likely mature and has a blind eye.

Comment

Too close to call but I think he makes it.

Comment

I don't think he makes 13".

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                I don't think he makes 13".
                I don't either but I hope to be bringing you one this weekend or early next week...

Comment

I just put a tape to a deer I shot in 03 that looks slightly wider than that one.

12 3/4" for mine.

Comment

Good deer and best of luck in whatever you decide on this buck!

Comment

Working...
                    X