My largest trophy to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My largest trophy to date

I had the opportunity to host a customer hunting trip at Falcon Point Ranch in Seadrift this weekend. Everyone had a great time and the accommodations were first class. My guide and I chased Oryx all day Saturday with no luck. I bet we put 60 miles on the Ranger. The wind was pretty strong and the animals were hunkered down all day. Sunday morning mother nature cooperated and I was able to take this animal. It taped out at 97 inches which according to the ranch manager is the largest taken on the place. Just for reference 84 is Gold Medal. Oh and it is supposed to be delicious table fare to boot.

Attached Files
    Last edited by coogfan; 11-21-2016, 10:48 AM.

nice congrats

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats! It's been so long since I've been down there. Gorgeous ranch with a lot of country to look at.

Comment

Great eating right there. Congrats

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Congratulations! Let us know how it tastes too. I enjoy seeing a trophy dinner plate mount as much as the ldp's. .

Comment

Congrats on a nice trophy! We've got to get together and chase some pigs soon!

Comment

How do the whitetail look out there? When that place was first starting out, they TTT some does from a friends ranch and took out there, I've always wondered if it helped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Catarina View Post
                    How do the whitetail look out there? When that place was first starting out, they TTT some does from a friends ranch and took out there, I've always wondered if it helped out.
                    Rut was on and several good bucks were seen unlike last year when we went in December. I passed on a mid 40's 10 pt and there was a 135 and 140 taken. There is a drop tine genetic going around which is kinda cool. The place is so thick with scrub oak they are still trying to determine what they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntingobsession View Post
                      Congrats on a nice trophy! We've got to get together and chase some pigs soon!
                      I'm ready!!!

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Working...
                        X