Coyote problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyote problem

Been working around the place and came in the house for lunch. Let the dogs out about 1215 and was half paying attention when I noticed a small movement in the edge of the woods.
    At first I thought I was looking at a deer because the does around here have been known to stash a little one close to the house, then I realized I was looking at the head and face of a dang coyote 15yds away
    Found a big pile of feather in the front yard last week and assumed a hawk got a chicken but now I am thinking it was this dang yote and might just snatch my daughter's 4# chihuahua if the opportunity arose.
    I hollered at it and it and it ran off.

About 3:30 I hear the chickens raising a fuss (they have been locked in their house since the one got taken) so I glance out the back door and see a dang yote by their house, then another, then another, then another and then I figure out it is the same one making laps around the chicken house.
    So I am trying to get an angle on him but no luck, snuck out and took a running shot but no blood

So this ballsy devil tried to pull off a daytime attack twice in one day

Most likely a youngster I am thinking

Never tried to catch one in a trap in the summer but about to change that

Good luck! KAC

Comment

Good luck , give it a dirt nap .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Been digging around trying to find something suitable to load up the 12GA with

Got some #4 buckshot around here somewhere

Sat morning I plan on being in the barn with the foxpro playing "distressed chicken" about 20yds out, a little after daylight

Comment

Sounds like a working plan. Any way to video the whole thing?

Comment

I'd wait it out and see if it comes back. They get smart quick. It may not come back after shooting at it. At least I'd bet it doesn't in the day time. If it does it's not a very smart one.

Comment

I had the very same problem. Kept my 22mag by the back door with a kill light rigged up on it. Be ready night or day. I killed 1 yote and 2 fox in 3 months. I lost 12 chickens but haven’t lost one in over a year.

Comment

Probably trying to keep pups fed, working on some problem coyotes for a rancher myself, they went underground a few weeks ago, no sign, no howling, nothing. Well they started killing again recently shot a male, then caught a female about a week later. They went deep and silent again, now new killing started a few miles away on another part of the ranch. Be patient and persistent and let the coyote come to you if possible, once you show him what you got, then he's ahead of you.

Comment

Keep the 12 ga with #4 buckshot close, and the 4 pound chihuahua closer! Good luck.

Comment

Lowry if you need help I’d love to come up and help you take them off the place !

Comment

Use that chihuahua as bait and solve two problems at once! ��

Comment

Shotgun is loaded with buckshot and extra full choke

No chance I am using the chihuahua for bait, can't take a chance of anything going wrong

Have a cat I can't give away that may make a good substitute though

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

We have one month old goat that is a coyote calling machine. The wife won't let me use "Billy" as a decoy though.

Comment

Saw a doe chasing one this weekend. Middle of the afternoon. Too far away on the neighbors place to get involved. I dont give coyotes a pass. Ever

Comment

Working...
                              X