No announcement yet.

DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning I hit the 100 hour mark on the build. Crazy how fast time has flown by! All I did today was glass the bow deck. In the morning I may try and glass the upper gunnels before the stress test? We shall see.

Comment

All the fiberglass has now been installed! I went out to the shop to kill some time and keep me distracted until the stress-test at 1400hrs today and wouldn’t you know, it only took 45 minutes. Now what to do for the next four hours?

Michael

Comment

How are you doing bud? Hope your health is improving!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope you're feeling better, impressive progress!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
            All the fiberglass has now been installed! I went out to the shop to kill some time and keep me distracted until the stress-test at 1400hrs today and wouldn’t you know, it only took 45 minutes. Now what to do for the next four hours?

Michael

I would not use that white plastic bilge pump hose. After a couple years it becomes brittle and will break. Use some real tubing like heater hose or fuel line

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

This morning I hit the 100 hour mark on the build. Crazy how fast time has flown by! All I did today was glass the bow deck. In the morning I may try and glass the upper gunnels before the stress test? We shall see.

At the 100 hr. mark I would still be staring at the prints and scratching my head. Awesome build!

Comment

We should finally get all the test results back tomorrow. I believe not knowing exactly what is going on has been worse than knowing? It’s crazy I tell you, over a half dozen onsite tests and the follow up is done over the phone.

Thanks guys. If all goes well I should be able to get some more work done today!

Michael

Comment

We should finally get all the test results back tomorrow. I believe not knowing exactly what is going on has been worse than knowing? It’s crazy I tell you, over a half dozen onsite tests and the follow up is done over the phone.

Thanks guys. If all goes well I should be able to get some more work done today!

Michael
                  Keeping you in my prayers!

I've started posting my home made skiff in the DIY section if you want to check it out.

Comment

I slipped out to the shop Friday morning for a few and got in some rough fairing. Realistically I have four solid days of work to have her complete and ready for rigging. That four days will probably take a couple months but I don’t mind.

A quick mockup shows how I want the deck setup. The bucket will serve as storage, a helm seat, and a casting platform when relocated to the bow deck.

Comment

He's back!

Just take it "sea-sy" brother . 4 days in a couple months is a pretty good pace for me . I've got a smoker I've been working to complete for several years now. Only get a few days per year to work on her.

Comment

Making more progress! Even at 0700 it was so muggy the shop AC was kicking.

Comment

Even though it feels great in the shop with the AC going I don’t want to push it so I called it a day.

Michael

Comment

I forsee hours of sanding in your future!

Comment

Coming along nicely... really enjoy following your progress!

Comment

Sanded everything out then spread some fairing compound to the transitions that will be sanded out by hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X