Murder of Police?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sackett View Post

God bless our Troops, Police, Fireman and all first responders.
    Yes!
    Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    1 is 1 too many. R I P
    I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
      The “thin blue line” creates a huge divide between citizens and law enforcement. There are good and bad in every profession but the good ones not calling out the bad ones is a problem and the divide will get bigger until every good cop stands up against corruption.
      Horse ****! The thin blue line stands for the LEOs that stand between the citizens and criminals. It has nothing to do with LEOs vs Citizens.

Thanks Bobby, and thanks for those that are still serving. I'm glad I'm not.

Comment

Police definitely do not get the same respect and admiration they deserve that they used to. Instances like the murder (Yes, I am calling it Murder, manslaughter at the very least) of the gentleman up in Minnesota by the "officer" definitely does not help. Unfortunately, the good FAR outweighs the bad, but the media will never give airtime for "good news". Police Unions, and All Unions for that matter, don't help either. Unions back their constituents, whether right or wrong, simply because they're paid to do so. There is no moral or ethical compass with them, so they add to the disdain.

We have a BIG problem in our country and society. We've let the media and other outlets "teach" our children and it's created a divide; a divide spiritually, morally and ethically. Our inherent need to freedom has given certain groups with large and loud platforms too much leeway.

You nailed it succinctly.

Comment

prayers sent for all those effected ... my brother is a DEA special agent in New Orleans with 20 yrs invested. Looking fwd to the day he retires and does not have to deal with the crazies of this world

sad how the media and certain people in the entertainment industry (music, sports) use their platform to promote negativity and hate towards ALL branches of LE

so many people are uneducated lemmings and believe everything they see, hear, or read in the media

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
            Horse ****! The thin blue line stands for the LEOs that stand between the citizens and criminals. It has nothing to do with LEOs vs Citizens.

Thanks Bobby, and thanks for those that are still serving. I'm glad I'm not.
            Negative on that, the thin blue line stands for the thin blue line and no one else. Just like recent events with George Floyd, 4 cops holding down one man after he was already cuffed and they are more worried about the people video taping and not the man dying. If only one of them would have stood up for what was right there wouldn’t be rioting in the streets. Instances like this is what gives the thin blue line a bad rap

I am not anti police at all, just more and more videos with all the cameras around show cops covering up for other cops breaking the law. The Supreme Court has already decided LEO’s have no obligation for citizens personal safety. We the people are responsible for our own safety.

Comment

Greater love has no one than this, that one should lay down his life for his friends.
              By this we know what love is: Jesus laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.

Rest easy gentlemen and for the ones that have to keep moving forward, stay safe.

Comment

Negative on that, the thin blue line stands for the thin blue line and no one else. Just like recent events with George Floyd, 4 cops holding down one man after he was already cuffed and they are more worried about the people video taping and not the man dying. If only one of them would have stood up for what was right there wouldn’t be rioting in the streets. Instances like this is what gives the thin blue line a bad rap

I am not anti police at all, just more and more videos with all the cameras around show cops covering up for other cops breaking the law. The Supreme Court has already decided LEO’s have no obligation for citizens personal safety. We the people are responsible for our own safety.
                Obviously, you're going to spin the slogan to fit your ill-conceived opinions. I agree with what was done to Mr. Floyd was wrong and the officers should be held accountable. But, that is not all officers. Your brush is extremely wide and wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                  Obviously, you're going to spin the slogan to fit your ill-conceived opinions. I agree with what was done to Mr. Floyd was wrong and the officers should be held accountable. But, that is not all officers. Your brush is extremely wide and wrong.
                  No I don’t think my brush is wide and wrong, many good cops out there that act moral and ethical. The problem is training or lack thereof. It takes longer to get a barbers license than graduate the police academy. The police unions also do not help. An officer can get the opportunity to resign for corruption and move onto a different department instead of losing peace officers license. It’s a broken system which I have no clue on how to fix.

Comment

Police definitely do not get the same respect and admiration they deserve that they used to. Instances like the murder (Yes, I am calling it Murder, manslaughter at the very least) of the gentleman up in Minnesota by the "officer" definitely does not help. Unfortunately, the good FAR outweighs the bad, but the media will never give airtime for "good news". Police Unions, and All Unions for that matter, don't help either. Unions back their constituents, whether right or wrong, simply because they're paid to do so. There is no moral or ethical compass with them, so they add to the disdain.

We have a BIG problem in our country and society. We've let the media and other outlets "teach" our children and it's created a divide; a divide spiritually, morally and ethically. Our inherent need to freedom has given certain groups with large and loud platforms too much leeway.

could not have said it better so i won't even try. ^^^ what he said x2^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                      One bad apple can spoil the whole dang bunch girl. And there are plenty of bad apples.
                      Yep. Just like TBHers.

But I guarantee the percentage of bad apple police officers is a lot lower than bad apples in other professions. That's why the media has to highlight these incidents so hard. There are millions of police contacts a day in this country that go just fine.

I had a bad plumber at my house one time. Ripped me off. I don't trust plumbers. Too many bad apples.

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
                        cva34 the rest of the story doesn't matter. It doesn't condone what that officer or those officers did to a human being. The rest of the story does not somehow validate murder or explain away his death. When did we start forgetting the difference between wrong or right? When did we start accepting gray area as the norm? Don't blame it on society when education, morals, ethics start at home. I applaud our officers and respect them dearly. I do hold them to higher standard and expect them to keep their ranks in order, even if that means they stamp out corruption within. What makes a man is what he stands for, not some blue uniform. Heads bowed in prayer and remembrance for all the officers lost in the line duty protecting all of us. Thank you for your sacrifices.
                        Yes the rest of the story does matter. If you only want part of the story you will never get the whole truth. I'm sure the front of this story does not justify the outcome but it is necessary to help understand the outcome. Everytime a story like this comes out the events leading up to it start with the suspect refusing an officers orders. Then it usually escalates with the suspect physically resisting the officers until they control him. What don't they understand about just do what the cop says ??? When did it become acceptable to struggle with police because you don't want to be detained ??? Lets lay the blame for the escalation of the situation where it belongs, with the man who decided he didn't have to comply with a cops direction. His action don't justify his death but they are a contributing factor.

Comment

Murder of police does not fit the liberal narrative! Everybody hates a cop until they need one.

Comment

Wrong. The thin blue line stands for much more than you say. It is a line between those who want a civilized society and those who would rather just take what they want. It's a sign of respect and order. Take away the blue line, what do you think you would have then ?

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                              Wrong. The thin blue line stands for much more than you say. It is a line between those who want a civilized society and those who would rather just take what they want. It's a sign of respect and order. Take away the blue line, what do you think you would have then ?
                              Police accountability?

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                                Police accountability?
                                Absolutely the police need to be accountable for their actions. But so do the suspects and too often the media and liberal *** only shows one side of the story.

Comment

Working...
                                X