No announcement yet.

Corona and Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if it was meant to be, but this has been a fun thread to read thru!

Comment

it's been business as usual here in odessa. everyone is an essential worker so other than the restaurants and such, not much has changed. we also have 300k permanent residents and about the same are transient workers and we've had less than 100 cases and 2 deaths . It's not shaping up to be quite the boogyman it was made out to be.

Comment

So what you're saying is them boys in Louisiana aren't sheep... wish we had that kind of backbone. If you're at risk don't move about, otherwise business as usual. I won't live in fear and apparently a whole lot if good folks in La agree.

Comment

On a serious note, can anyone shed any light from personal experience going to and from Louisiana IF you are not travelling for work? How strict are they being at the border if you're coming from Louisiana or have spent time in Louisiana and are coming back into Texas.

Comment

My parents, grandparents and in laws all live in Rapides and Natchitoches Parish and have been cooped up and not leaving their houses for as long as we have in Harris County.

Comment

Originally posted by SETXoutdoorsman View Post
              On a serious note, can anyone shed any light from personal experience going to and from Louisiana IF you are not travelling for work? How strict are they being at the border if you're coming from Louisiana or have spent time in Louisiana and are coming back into Texas.
              I just got out of another meeting about this. I can tell you that they are **** serious about the quarantine part if not work related according to our corporate honcho who is staying on top of this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cberry View Post
                My parents, grandparents and in laws all live in Rapides and Natchitoches Parish and have been cooped up and not leaving their houses for as long as we have in Harris County.
                Where at in Rapides? I am from Rapides Parish.

Oh.... and Capt Micky butchered pronouncing Natchitoches this morning on the 610am outdoor show. Natch e toshes. LOL!
                Last edited by Bayouboy; 04-09-2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Saw the same thing when I went to Dehman Springs a couple of weeks ago. People shaking hands at gas stations and hanging out. Crap, I didn't even want to go in to pee. I ended up just finding a tree to go behind. Not sure why they don't get it.

Comment

We are from Hineston, about 20 minute south west of Alexandria.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      Lmao our BEAUMONT office is in “The avenues” over between MLK And 4th st. I hear you!
                      Haha where do you work? I take 4th street to the office everyday so it can't be far!

Comment

Originally posted by Cberry View Post
                        We are from Hineston, about 20 minute south west of Alexandria.
                        I know where Hineston is located. I am from Cheneyville. Most of us from Cheneyville were old plowboys. Hineston had the cowboys
                        Last edited by Bayouboy; 04-09-2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

They may be the smart ones. They may have a functioning economy when this is all said and done. I'm still of the opinion that, years from now, we are going to look back at this and wonder why we did this to ourselves. The stupidity is rampant. Lena Hidalgo, the ignorant millennial who has never held a real job but now runs Harris County, closed county parks for the weekend. For the weekend! It has become a "how much power can I exercise over the people on a whim?" thing. I'm hopeful that Texas will open things up soon, and we can go back to feeding our families.

Comment

Northern Louisiana was fine from 10 up to Shreveport, it was when i got south of 10 it was like nothing ever went on. For those wanting to call me ironic, i truck for a living bringing anything you order all over the country. If i hadnt of made the trip i would of lost 11k dollars. I dont work from home. So yes i move about the country. Im thankful for my job. Thankful i still have one.
                            Dont come in thru Louisiana, come in thru Arkansas if at all possible. They do have road blocks up and are stopping all vehicles commercial and non. Arkansas you wont have a problem.

Comment

I live in Rapides Parish I can say from personal experience it is a mixed bag. Lowes, Walmart, grocery store and the like are busier than I have ever seen. A few folks wear masks , and there is the whole 6' thing. Ridiculous as everyone pushing carts around and in close proximity to each other. If anyone is infected in any of those stores, then everyone exposed. If this true elsewhere in the state then exposure is widespread...about like the normal flu!

However I'm doing a remodel and ny cabinet contractor has shut down causing all kinds of related problems. I frankly think the whole ' social distancing' thing and business shut down is a scam!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                I know where Hineston is located. I am from Cheneyville. Most of us from Cheneyville were old plowboys. Hineston had the cowboys
                                I went to school with some people from Cheneyville......some wild people from there!

Comment

Working...
                                X