Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical help on boat trailer

GS - Need some help on my boat trailer.

I can get the left blinker/brake to work but not the right. I can get the right light to come on but it requires that the cable from the trailer be directly connected to the ground coming from the connection to the vehicle.

Fuses in the vehicle have all been checked and are good and the ground to the lights on the trailer has been replaced just in case that was the issue.

Any thoughts please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Most of the time...………….
    It's a grounding issue...……..

Comment

Did you rewire the the whole trailer.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have a pigtail that is connected to the trailer metal on that specific light, make sure you are getting a good metal-to-metal connection.

I always run dedicated grounds to each light that ultimately connect to the vehicle wiring ground when doing trailer lights for this very reason.

Comment

Sometimes the lights assembly uses the boat trailer for ground at the bolt holes or where metal on the light assembly touches the boat trailer metal.You may check that and make sure it getting good contact.

Check your trailer ground and make sure it is still hooked up to the trailer metal. Hasn't got broke or pulled loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            If you have a pigtail that is connected to the trailer metal on that specific light, make sure you are getting a good metal-to-metal connection.

I always run dedicated grounds to each light that ultimately connect to the vehicle wiring ground when doing trailer lights for this very reason.
            Best way to test if the connection is good?

Comment

Originally posted by Hayek'sPupil View Post
              Best way to test if the connection is good?
              A test light.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                A test light.
                Lol. This make sense

Comment

Amazon - Blazer C6304 Wireless Magnetic Trailer Towing Light Kit. Thank me later! I got so tired of fighting trailer lights. Now I move this one set from trailer to trailer and they work flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayek'sPupil View Post
                    Lol. This make sense
                    Yes. Hook it to ground to find power. Hook it to power to find a good ground.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61m0hSi4uiL._AC_SX466_.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	24609587

Comment

Yeah, the white ground wire was corroded on mine. Cleaned it off and worked every since.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                        Amazon - Blazer C6304 Wireless Magnetic Trailer Towing Light Kit. Thank me later! I got so tired of fighting trailer lights. Now I move this one set from trailer to trailer and they work flawlessly.
                        Its so easy!

Comment

Working...
                        X