Saturday wasn’t too shabby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    I dialed in a Seekins Havak in 6.5 PRC last week for my brother in law. I couldn’t find any 147s, but grabbed a few boxes of 143s. I dialed it in, then handed it over to my BIL. Took 3 shots to figure it out at 300, then I gave him his dope from 390-1020. He ran a ladder up and down without a single miss. Didn’t get any LR groups with it, but it dang sure shot. I think it went 390, 460, 720, 955, 1020, then back down. All targets in the 1-2 MOA range. 5 years ago if you told me I’d enjoy shooting factory ammo I’d have told you that you were FOS haha
    I had to order the Hornday 143 ELD-X ammo. No one had it locally. It doesn't really matter. I'm going to load for it anyway. Eitehr 130/140 Accobond or the 130 Scirocco.

Comment

Factory Seekins Havak in 6 Creedmoor.
      wow... so you can kill Nilgai with it? cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
        Huh? I mean it could probably do it with the right shot, but I definitely wouldn’t attempt it without some very good reasoning.

Comment

Huh? I mean it could probably do it with the right shot, but I definitely wouldn’t attempt it without some very good reasoning.
          Go read the "What gun for Nilgai" thread and then come back. Then you will understand meltingfeather's post a little more.

Comment

Better be a head shot

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
              Go read the "What gun for Nilgai" thread and then come back. Then you will understand meltingfeather's post a little more.
              Ah ok. I was like I don’t think that thought has ever crossed my mind as reasonable, and I dang sure hope I didn’t somehow come across as that way lol

Comment

Ah ok. I was like I don’t think that thought has ever crossed my mind as reasonable, and I dang sure hope I didn’t somehow come across as that way lol
                I think if you shout Creedmoor at a Nilgai it’ll drop right there.

Comment

That’s better than the 50 BMG! I have to at least shoot and hit somewhere near them for the shockwave of the displaced air to kill them!

Comment

How does this witch craft work? Stand up and yell "creedmoor" and they have a heart attack and fall over?

Comment

Nice shooting

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha

Comment

Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Factory Seekins Havak in 6 Creedmoor.

I’ve been hearing really good things about the Havak.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                              I’ve been hearing really good things about the Havak.

I had played with them a bit at SHOT last year, and kind of wanted one since then. A buddy picked up one in 6 CM mid year last year, and lent it to me for a week or so to see what I thought. After playing with it at the range a couple days I was absolutely sold. Then a couple other buddies snagged them as well, and the results were similar. I finally bit the bullet in January. I don’t regret it in the least, and may snag another when this barrel is burnt up. Thinking I’ll rebarrel this one as a fast twist 22, and just buy a new 6CM Havak at that time.

Comment

Working...
                              X