Hogs mixed feelings on poison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs mixed feelings on poison

Well some folks are overwhelmed by hogs, for me they are a small bonus year round hunt, and we don’t have to many, and our deer hunting areas have pens
    The hog blinds are just for hogs
    I was chopping some brush on the fence, and see the neighbors, they ask me
    About the how I felt about them poisoning them and if I was seeing any dead
    They think I’m crazy to think the few we got are a bonus hunting option
    And am not going to use poison
    Yeah if they were causing problems I probably would change my mind

Who kinda likes having a few ?

Obviously be careful when shooting a hog for the table.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
      Obviously be careful when shooting a hog for the table.
      Yeah my thoughts also, wondering if they have a test kit for safety

Comment

If I never see another hog in the woods it wouldn't hurt my feelings...

Comment

I'm extremely concerned with any kind of poison for any animal that people consume for food, and there's no telling where these poisoned hogs run off to and if they end up on somebody's dinner plate or not. Best way to get rid of hogs, quit feeding them so much **** corn.

Comment

Yes, sir! I enjoy getting the extra shooting opportunities. With that being said, we have more than I'd like. I think I wish, be careful what you wish for, it was just a bonus opportunity of maybe a couple times a year. Right now, we have far more than that. Once; about 30 years ago, something happened, and we didn't see a pig for 5 years. When that occurred, I kind of missed them and was excited when we finally saw one again. Now, they are thicker than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
              If I never see another hog in the woods it wouldn't hurt my feelings...
              I know what your saying, we had a skunk problem and I declared war , then turtles started taking over the ponds, now I just
              Try to keep a good balance, porcupines different story war !!

Comment

Isn't it highly illegal to poison for hogs or any feral animal?

Comment

I like giving them an injection of lead poisoning!

Comment

If I remember correctly the last time people starting poisoning them it ended up killing a lot of native birds as well.. that being said I 100% understand the damage and headaches hogs cause many but I would be sad if they were gone completely I would lose a lot future hunting time.

Comment

I didn’t miss them when we didn’t have them. When I see one now I try hard not to miss them then either !

Comment

The animals are so destructive that they cost the United States billions every year, but actually doing something about it isn’t so simple.

Says illegal to poison. Too much collateral damage. Illegal in all 50 states. Better have a talk with your neighbor, they might kill someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                          https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...l-hogs/618902/

Says illegal to poison. Too much collateral damage. Illegal in all 50 states. Better have a talk with your neighbor, they might kill someone.
                          This. Alot of poisons will pass to anything that eats that dead hog. Could kill someone's dog or even one of his highness buzzards.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was looking to buy, the place had to have hogs. I enjoy hunting them & will never allow poison to be put out on my place. Same with helo hunting. Not over my place.

Comment

The "poison" is Warfarin, an anti-coagulant. Hogs are particularly sensitive to it, so it's very unlikely that anything eating one that has ingested it would die or even get sick. This has been extensively studied, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife has signed off on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X