2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
    Just my observation over 25 plus years in Polk and Trinity County. Years ago it seemed like the second week of November was the hottest. In the last decade or so, it’s more like the first week in November. November 1-8. If I had one day, I would take November 7.

I hate to say this, but the first part of December is the weakest. But I think someone pointed this out. Bucks I assume are laid up after the chase. Wherever and whatever they are doing, you won’t see them.

Well to whoever lives in the Tomball area, just know I’ll be tied up building your new 99-249 SB connector smack in the middle of the rut. Throw out some deer jerky if you pass me by lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
      Well to whoever lives in the Tomball area, just know I’ll be tied up building your new 99-249 SB connector smack in the middle of the rut. Throw out some deer jerky if you pass me by lol

Thank you. Someone has to do it!

I plan on bow hunting this year leading up to the opener on the 6th. The traditional first Saturday rifle opener really puts your non-mld guys on the late side of the big activity. Last year my place in Polk popped from Nov 1-7 and then quickly settled down until after Xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post

Come in Ryan! No guilt trips needed! Good luck this year bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          Come in Ryan! No guilt trips needed! Good luck this year bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haha man I’m beyond bummed about it! I gotta send you something. Text inbound

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            Haven’t killed a single etx deer under a feeder probably close to double digit 140” now, but it’s your hunt seems like you got it figured out good luck on the season. Meant nothin more than some friendly advice

It’s my opinion after hunting a lot in South Texas and East Texas that every property is different and the deer react differently on each property. Even if it’s next door. A lot of discussion through the years about mature bucks not coming close to box blinds and feeders but my experience has been totally different. I guided for 7 years in Carrizo Springs and 75 % of our mature bucks were killed in a box blind. No feeders but Corning senderos. In East Texas all of the deer ( Mature) I have shot have been in a box blind sitting over a feeder. Now keep in mind the buck might not be coming because of the feed but he sure likes the girls that hang out there. My 2019 target buck( 5 1/2 - 139 and change) was shot opening morning 15 minutes after first light with his nose in the protein feeder with no does around. My 2020 target buck ( 5 1/2- 151 and change) was killed at 8:00 am on Thanksgiving morning with his nose in the protein feeder with no does around all morning. By December they’re hitting the feed hard through the rest of season. Again I think every property is different.
            Last edited by Gumbo Man; 10-01-2021, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Guys just an FYI, Wagon Wheel is good.

And good luck to everyone this weekend.

Comment

I’ve made up my mind after looking at weather. It’s just not a good with the clouds, low wind speed in a questionable swirling direction. I’m gonna sit out the morning, and go murder a pig at another property Saturday evening

Sunday evening looks promising!!! I’m hoping forecast stays

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  I’ve made up my mind after looking at weather. It’s just not a good with the clouds, low wind speed in a questionable swirling direction. I’m gonna sit out the morning, and go murder a pig at another property Saturday evening

Sunday evening looks promising!!! I’m hoping forecast stays
                  This is where I'm at besides murdering a pig. It's too early to burn out a stand location just because it's opening day.

Comment

It’s a million degrees can’t do it

Comment

It’s a million degrees can’t do it

You must of had a cool front…. It’s a million and 91 degrees here. But only 140% humidity with a -.001 wind

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        You must of had a cool front…. It’s a million and 91 degrees here. But only 140% humidity with a -.001 wind

Catch read gauge any higher through the humidity [emoji856]

Comment

Catch read gauge any higher through the humidity [emoji856]

Y’all have any blood left from the skeeters?

Comment

Temperature just dropped is estimate 6-7 degrees and wind out of north (was W WNW). I’m probably about to get wet, over some dang pigs…

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                              Y’all have any blood left from the skeeters?

Thank the lord for thermacell, but I’ve never seen them so thick a few still made a run through the thermacell fog at me! Idk how anyone could hunt without one

Comment

It sure was nasty in Newton county this morning but I made the sit. Skunked.

Comment

Working...
                                X