7.62x39 Shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.62x39 Shooters

All you 7.62x39 guys, what are you shooting though your rifles for pigs? I have several different types of ammo I can run. Everything from cheap steel case fmj, to more cheap Wolfe SP, all the way to super x ammo. I know it’s a popular round for a lot of guys running night vision/ thermal rigs. What ammo are you letting fly??

Without dumping tons of money at it, I am pleased with my sightmark wraith on my 7.62 rifle.. Keeps the corn rats at bay one at a time!!
    Attached Files

I mostly shoot wolf hollow points and some tulammo. And I put a Thermion XP50 on top when I take it out at night.

Comment

Wolf/tula steel HP and SP for me.

Comment

Hornady zombie (discontinued but I have a good amount left) is my favorite precision ammo
        Silver Bear 62gr soft point is my favorite cheap.
        I have 2 AR’s in 7.62x39 and a Ruger bolt action.
        Great caliber for sure

Comment

SilverBear soft points

Comment

I hunt with reloads of Hornady SST, 125 gr. It's been a great load for all the hogs on our place. I've killed the biggest so far and he fell right over just like every other one has.

I have bulk Gehl for target practice and using the brass for reloading.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Draco; 11-27-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Old golden tiger. Fmj but tumbles fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                I hunt with reloads of Hornady SST, 125 gr. It's been a great load for all the hogs on our place. I've killed the biggest so far and he fell right over just like every other one has.

I have bulk Gehl for target practice and using the brass for reloading.
                What load are you using for the sst?

Comment

I use the Wolf 154 gr. SP. It knocks pigs and deer down quite well. Kind of like dropping a house on a witch. I've killed pigs up to 300 lb. and they don't act any different than when shot with a 308. I reload, and it pains me to lose brass, so I sometimes buy any of the cheap steel case, pull the bullets, and load Hornady SST 123 gr. They don't do as well as the 154 Wolf, but they will do in a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
                    What load are you using for the sst?
                    I'm loading the 125 SST ahead of 31.5 gr. of BLC2. It has been a very accurate load for me but certainly not the best for speed.(I have a lot of it)

Comment

I killed two Saturday night with Barnaul 123grn hollow points, both dropped with shoulder shots. It shoots about 1.5moa from my suppressed 10.5in pistol set up. I love hearing the impact.

Comment

Killed trailer loads of hogs with 124gr Tulammo SP

Comment

Brown Bear 123gr HP

Comment

I've killed a bunch with different steel cased hollow points (wolf, tula, etc).Probably some better options but they work fine for pigs.

Comment

124 sp

Comment

Working...
                              X