No announcement yet.

Blacktail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great buck. Congrats that's a once in a life time blacktail.

Comment

Thank you everyone. This will be my first animal that I will enter into Pope and Young for sure. Word is he has a true chance of being number 1 for being a true Western blacktail. He for sure will be number 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Monster class!

Where was he taken?

Comment

Originally posted by RUNNING BEAR View Post
          Monster class!

Where was he taken?

Oregon Coast range.

Comment

I’ve never even seen a picture of one that big! Congratulations on a super trophy!

Comment

He is a whopper BT, he is in a league of his own.
              What's the story on him? Have you been watching him for a while or was it first time to see him? What's his green score?
              Congrats

Comment

Wow. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                  He is a whopper BT, he is in a league of his own.
                  What's the story on him? Have you been watching him for a while or was it first time to see him? What's his green score?
                  Congrats

No never had seen him. I had been trying to get access to this property for over 3 years now with no luck. So yesterday I went and hunted one of my normal spots in the morning and then would come home for a few hours before heading back out. I knew the evening hunt was going to be harder as I had my little boy with me. So we are at home when I get a phone call from a gentleman who tells me I had done work for his neighbor a few years ago. I was like ok and he says I have a buck up at my place that is being destructive and causing some issues for me. He then said I can’t seem to find someone that can help me with the issue. At this moment I’m like what is going on. It then dawns on me where the property is located and I said I’m about an hour away but I can head there now. He said ok great I’ll keep an eye on the deer. I had no idea on the size of the buck or anything so I load the boy up and grab my stuff and away we go. We get there an hour later and the gentleman walks out and says he’s up in the trees. So I walk up there to take a quick look and there this buck stands. I only saw the 4 point side and instantly said holy _ _ _ _. I ran back to the truck and grabbed my son and gear and snuck back up there. The buck was very preoccupied with other things and we were able to sneak in to 25 yards and one arrow through the pump house and within sight he fell. That’s when I got up there I realized the magnitude of how big he was. This was the same property that I had been trying to get access to for hunting. I honestly can’t explain why things happened the way the did but I know my dad had a hand in this one.

I’m not sure on score but rough guesstimate is 150+

Comment

Best one I have ever seen by far! Congratulations and it is so good to see hunters that are so prayerful!

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
                      No never had seen him. I had been trying to get access to this property for over 3 years now with no luck. So yesterday I went and hunted one of my normal spots in the morning and then would come home for a few hours before heading back out. I knew the evening hunt was going to be harder as I had my little boy with me. So we are at home when I get a phone call from a gentleman who tells me I had done work for his neighbor a few years ago. I was like ok and he says I have a buck up at my place that is being destructive and causing some issues for me. He then said I can’t seem to find someone that can help me with the issue. At this moment I’m like what is going on. It then dawns on me where the property is located and I said I’m about an hour away but I can head there now. He said ok great I’ll keep an eye on the deer. I had no idea on the size of the buck or anything so I load the boy up and grab my stuff and away we go. We get there an hour later and the gentleman walks out and says he’s up in the trees. So I walk up there to take a quick look and there this buck stands. I only saw the 4 point side and instantly said holy _ _ _ _. I ran back to the truck and grabbed my son and gear and snuck back up there. The buck was very preoccupied with other things and we were able to sneak in to 25 yards and one arrow through the pump house and within sight he fell. That’s when I got up there I realized the magnitude of how big he was. This was the same property that I had been trying to get access to for hunting. I honestly can’t explain why things happened the way the did but I know my dad had a hand in this one.

I’m not sure on score but rough guesstimate is 150+

Awesome story! Thx for sharing. Sometimes things are just meant to be. I would say you had a pretty good day.
                      Congrats again on a outstanding trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                        Awesome story! Thx for sharing. Sometimes things are just meant to be. I would say you had a pretty good day.
                        Congrats again on a outstanding trophy.

Yes I agree 100 percent. Thank you.

Comment

That's an incredible specimen of a BT! Congrats on the buck!

I'd be interested to know what he scores too.

Comment

A day that will live with you forever. Thanks for sharing your story.

Comment

Great story and great buck.

Comment

Man that’s awesome!! Great story too.

Definitely update us when you get him scored and ranked!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X