Carport cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carport cost?

Did they all go sky freaking high or did I get a bad quote?

I had a 18'x25' carport 7' legs with sides to the ground (open back and front) installed about 5 1/2 years ago for $1600. Just got a quote for another one only with 6' legs (for my cars) and back wall to the ground for $5460 plus tax that would almost get it to $6k Same company.

What other options are there for a car port that will fit two cars?

Alans Factory Outlet website has the best prices I have found recently. I'm shopping for something similar.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

they have gone crazy around our neck of the woods.... 24x35x9' legs was quoted 7100.00 ..... two years ago I think it was around 2400 or so----crazy times

Comment

I’d like to have one as well but hear the $ 750 ones are now 1500.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
          Alans Factory Outlet website has the best prices I have found recently. I'm shopping for something similar.

Just looked them up, those do seem like good deals

Comment

Yes and no.

The steel prices have sky rocketed and inventory is extremely low. The market has been manipulated just like wood.

If you can wait I would. It is not just carports, but metal buildings, and all steel on new construction.

This has been the best economic supply and demand teaching lesson for our kids going into the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When i bought my last one they had a price increases coming the day after I ordered. While waiting for it someone at the factory called and thought I hadn't ordered. Wanted to let me know there was another increase later that week and if I wanted one may want to order it. Told him my order was in. He apologized and said ok.

Comment

Yea, it's all steel products related to buildings... concrete is stupid high too... I told my builder I'm just not going forward with my shop right now (maybe never...) it's just not worth it... A metal insulated shop with lean-to and some flat work around my pool/back yard 18 months ago was just a touch over $80grand... He just put the numbers together for today's material costs... $149,000!!! I'm just not going to do it! It is not worth that much to me.

Comment

I guess I need to sell my used one here soon with these prices.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Yea, it's all steel products related to buildings... concrete is stupid high too... I told my builder I'm just not going forward with my shop right now (maybe never...) it's just not worth it... A metal insulated shop with lean-to and some flat work around my pool/back yard 18 months ago was just a touch over $80grand... He just put the numbers together for today's material costs... $149,000!!! I'm just not going to do it! It is not worth that much to me.
                    That's insanity. I don't know what specs you told them but the prices on Muellers website for bolt ups haven't changed that much.

My neighbor just had a 24x36 pole barn built with concrete for $18,000. I had them price out the 30x40 I want and guy said $24k

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

They built mine a few years ago in Fayetteville. Great company to deal with and seem to have the best prices. I want another one also but don't want to pay today's prices.
                      Last edited by HuntForHorns; 11-16-2021, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Was thinking about building my 30x40 shop this spring. May wait a while.

Tim, for a carport, may want to redneck it with drill stem pipe, a few purlins and "R" panel over a road base bottom.

Comment

The problem is people have been saying "just wait awhile" for going on 1.5 years now. Sometimes life has to move on and waiting isn't an option. There is no guarantee that prices will ever go back to "normal". We will be building our forever home starting next summer. We have planned our life the last 5 years around this time frame. I am just looking at it as bad luck if indeed prices drop significantly after our build.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                            That's insanity. I don't know what specs you told them but the prices on Muellers website for bolt ups haven't changed that much.

My neighbor just had a 24x36 pole barn built with concrete for $18,000. I had them price out the 30x40 I want and guy said $24k

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                            The building was only $27K. But then delivery, dirt work, concrete slab, lean to, doors (panel x 3, man door, windows, flat work, electrical… Well, no one thing blew it out of the water, but when you add it all up, just is not worth it (to me). Concrete was $44K

Comment

Working...
                            X