It’s getting to be that time again, solar flares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    Way over my pay grade. When this is about to occur please let me know asap and what I should unplug. Thanks now back to hunting

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I moved my moonpies away from the microwave. I'm not taking any risk.

Comment

Huh. We’re aware they existed, and screwed with various signals but hadn’t given it much thought. One of my drone flight apps reports it and sure enough Kp was at 7 today, above 3 messes with gps.

Comment

Thanks op. I had really never heard of such events happening because I guess I keep my head in the clouds and only watch Fox News. SMDH. This thread has been very enlightening in so many ways. It’s not an area that interests me but that just proves ignorance on my part. Thanks again sir.

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
            Great book.
            Scared the horse spit out of me. Lol

Comment

Very cool. Thx for the info

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                Scared the horse spit out of me. Lol
                Yep. I'm thinking I might read it again.

Comment

Well, the CME was expected to hit yesterday but it is late to the show so it should be hitting us sometime today. Those folks that live in the northern states may get to see the northern lights tonight.

I’m going to update this thread in the future when new, strong X class solar flares get belched out of the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    I moved my moonpies away from the microwave. I'm not taking any risk.
                    Lol! With all due respect to the OP, I don’t, can’t , worry about something or someone I have no control over. What’s gonna be is gonna be. I’ve got a 27 year old special needs son to raise and care for as well as my 66 year old body !
                    God created the heavens and earth and is in absolute control of all we see.

Comment

The solar flare overheating my brass inserts would explain my poor shooting yesterday. Thanks for intel.

I can add this to my list of exuses:
                      - Wind
                      - Sun in my eyes
                      - Mosquitoe on my ear
                      - Thought I heard a rattler
                      - Solar flare insert heating.

Comment

OP, found your post interesting read. Thanks for posting.

Curious, I had a web site where this Meteorologist had developed a formula using solar flares to predict the weather. I lost the site when my hard-drive failed.

The Meteorologist, who's name I cant remember, had a high correct prediction rate.

Do you know of any site that does this?

I do know that the one of the reason's the Farmer's Almac is right a good portion of the time is they do use the solar flares in their predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                          OP, found your post interesting read. Thanks for posting.

Curious, I had a web site where this Meteorologist had developed a formula using solar flares to predict the weather. I lost the site when my hard-drive failed.

The Meteorologist, who's name I cant remember, had a high correct prediction rate.

Do you know of any site that does this?

I do know that the one of the reason's the Farmer's Almac is right a good portion of the time is they do use the solar flares in their predictions.

That is a good question.

Solar flares effect a LOT of things here on earth. I haven’t heard about them effecting weather, but it makes perfect sense. There is some kind of correlation between solar flares and earthquake/volcanic activity.

While I find solar flares and the related components very interesting, I don’t loose any sleep over it at all. It is kind of like living on the coast and dealing with hurricanes. You can go years without any major problems, sometimes your entire life. But then occasionally you end up with an ex named Katrina or Ida knocking on your door and that turns your whole life upside down! It can happen, but as long as you are moderately prepared then there’s nothing to worry about.

Comment

My father was in the Army Signal Corp operated and taught radio operation and repair. He was also a ham radio operator. He would talk about the interference all the time from flares. This was a great read and a better trip down memory lane with my Dad thank you brother.

Comment

Good video on it

Comment

Did I read somewhere a strong enough solar flare could act as an EMP? I'm not much of a prepper but I have been thinking about getting an older vehicle that would survive one. Of course, I can't remember how old it needs to be. I'll have to check out the website, OP.

Kevin, good on you for having the good moral character to apologize. I wish everyone knew how.

Comment

Working...
                                X