bucks that didn't grow horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bucks that didn't grow horns

I'm pretty positive I have 2 bucks on camera that didn't grown horns this year. All other bucks are hard horned....dates on pictures are accurate.

And no, they aren't nubbin bucks. Their bodies are way too big to be this year's fawns.

They both look like they just dropped their antlers and they are beginning to grow, but the pics are from late September so that is impossible.

Ever heard of this?
    Attached Files

If those dates are correct, it certainly appears that is the case. 1 is strange, 2 is getting weird.

Comment

Any pics of them with other bucks? Any chance someone is yanking your chain?

Comment

Wow. Sure looks like it.

Comment

That’s very odd, it is 2021 so anything’s possible at this point.

Comment

Maybe they voted for Hillary and that was their warning.

Comment

Wierd

Comment

Who voted for killery?

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                  Any pics of them with other bucks? Any chance someone is yanking your chain?
                  I'm confident no one is doing that. I keep my cams locked. Plus, a prankster would have put a pic of a giant deer, or bigfoot, or a leopard. Not a buck that didn't grown horns...I'd think.

I had plenty of pics of them with other deer...both does and bucks, but I only saved these from the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Who voted for killery?

Wayland

Comment

Identifying as a doe for sure!

Comment

Maybe he got hit by a car or something and had them knocked off? Very strange, but I'd think that is a lot of meat to fill an antlerless tag with!

Comment

Definitely strange. Maybe a local wildlife biologist could give you some information to the reason this would happen. Or Hillary is sending yall a message

Comment

in mcmullen county there has been 3 different times over a 20 year period where we had a hand full of mature bucks that grew 4"-8" spikes that stayed in velvet all season. At first some of them got shot at culls, but then one of the spikes was recognized because of his split ear and overall facial features etc. So all the old spikes where given a pass that season and the next year they returned to their normal antler growing. The buck with the split year was killed 2 years latter and scored in the 160"s.

The best guess that some biologist could come up with is that there was some weed that grew those years that the deer ate and stunted their horns because it affected their testosterone. It was a really wet spring all of those years and that weed only grows every few years and in really wet years.

Comment

Beginning stages of gender change???

Comment

Working...
                              X