No announcement yet.

Public land Buck Down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great buck and write up. Some of my best memories was from success on public land. Even the little spikes and doe out do some of the trophies. Congrats again.

Comment

Enjoyed your story and visualizing your hunt. Nice buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Sorry about the double.

Comment

Congrats sir! Heck of a public land buck. Well done.

Comment

Heck yeah, congrats on a great public land buck. Time to set your eyes on another target.

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fantastic! I'm glad you stuck with trying to log into the system. That buck is very nice!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Great job sir. Congrats.

Comment

Huge congrats! Read the entire thing, well done!

Comment

Great deer and great write up! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
                            Grats on a well earned public buck-not an easy trophy to say the least! Great write up, thanks for sharing your story.
                            Your story reminded me of when I used to hunt Lake Georgetown back in the 90's. Apply in June, do a proficiency shoot when they called you. I drew a permit everyyear. You used to be able to hang feeders and stands and your permit was good for the majority of the season.No-one messed with your stuff-worse thing that would happen would possibly be finding a bucket flipped over(to sit on) behind some cedar not far from a feeder. I'm sure it's probably not like this anymore!
                            Are you done now-or can you hunt does?
                            Yeah some of the more hunted areas can definitely get a little bit interesting. You will hear about guys stuff being stolen or walking up to their set and someone is sitting in their stand etc... Luckily I haven't run into any of that yet and I think its due to me being far enough away from the easier to acces areas.

I can still shoot does! I really want to shoot one not over bait and will probably do some still hunting/spot and stalk-type hunts once it cools off a little bit. My buddy is still on the hunt for a buck so once the rut rolls around we'll head out and do some rattling across the other TAs as well.

Comment

Getting it done on public is extra rewarding. Great write up. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats!! Public land bucks are the best!

Comment

Working...
                                X