• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's OU week.

Let's go Horns.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      If nothing else, we can all unite in the view that ou sucks.
      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Lotta ifs and buts and coulda woulda shoulda prediction sunshine spin pumping going on in here...
        Well you wrote the book on it, so………

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
          Well you wrote the book on it, so………

Oh yeah....nice switch

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Oh yeah....nice switch

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
              Agreed.
              Ha.

Yes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought Jimbo would have run a lot more quick game with Calzada and King this year than what I have seen, though the three quarters of the MSU game was the most Aggie football I have sat down to watch to watch this year.

I assume you mean up-tempo. If so, that’s just not something Jimbo does in his pro style offense except for the 2 minute drill.

I know the oline isn’t great, but I think they’ve improved each week. There were some blown assignments and Johnson keeps getting worked at right tackle, but overall they weren’t bad against MSU. They were actually able to run the ball inside with some success and they really haven’t been able to do that all year.

I’m not sure if Calzada has improved in a couple weeks-which is the most concerning thing. He’s still missing reads and has zero touch on the ball. He’s just firing fastball after fastball. Jimbo is supposed to be a QB guru, but it’s not showing with the lack of development by Calzada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  I assume you mean up-tempo. If so, that’s just not something Jimbo does in his pro style offense except for the 2 minute drill.

I know the oline isn’t great, but I think they’ve improved each week. There were some blown assignments and Johnson keeps getting worked at right tackle, but overall they weren’t bad against MSU. They were actually able to run the ball inside with some success and they really haven’t been able to do that all year.

I’m not sure if Calzada has improved in a couple weeks-which is the most concerning thing. He’s still missing reads and has zero touch on the ball. He’s just firing fastball after fastball. Jimbo is supposed to be a QB guru, but it’s not showing with the lack of development by Calzada.

No, I mean one or two read 3 step drop stuff. It seems like, aside from screens, that all of the drop series are still deep.

Comment

No, I mean one or two read 3 step drop stuff. It seems like, aside from screens, that all of the drop series are still deep.

Actually most of his reads are 15 yards and less. They are trying to do the quick reads to get him into a rythmn, but it’s not working.

They posted the spread of his throwing statistics during the game. I’ll probably misquote the stats, but if I remember correctly prior to the game he had only attempted 8 throws over 20yds and had 2-3 completions. He made one or two more during the game.

Comment

Looking to go 3-0 in conference. Hook ‘Em!

Comment

70 - 3 Tide over Aggies God almighty this is going to be hard to watch
                        47 - 40 OU over Horn
                        35 - 32 Tech over Frogs

Comment

Today is Texas A&M's 145th birthday!

On Oct. 4, 1876, we opened our doors and became the FIRST public institution of higher education in Texas! Whoop!

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                            70 - 3 Tide over Aggies God almighty this is going to be hard to watch
                            47 - 40 OU over Horn
                            35 - 32 Tech over Frogs
                            Bama will not score 70…..they might score 45, not 70. We will not score 3!!

Comment

Ready to see how the Horns play Saturday, could get real exciting rest of the way if can beat boomer.

Will be tailgating with the family all weekend in college station for the Bama bloodletting. On a brighter note the weather and catching was a lot better than the ags were this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                                People that know insiders in the program say the QB competition wasn't close, if you listened to message board mods they were professionally stating that the QB comp was close to not dis on Calzada. Jimbo was saying it was close because of coach speak.... Reality is that there was never a QB competition. King was the guy the moment Mond graduated.

The real problem is, it's year 4 and we don't have a serviceable backup QB on the team. That is a red flag and strictly on Fisher... King doesn't break his leg, we're 5-0 headed to Bama. I 100% believe that.

The fact that losing the starting QB can take a team from top 5 headed into Bama to unranked and losing to bottom feeders of the SEC west is big flag. That's how bad Calzada is.

There are too many plays left on the field Calzada misses that are there for the taking. Once King comes back, his time is done with Wiegman coming in the spring. He tries hard, he just doesn' t have it.

If you told me we'd hold arkansas to 20, and Miss state to 24 (disregarding Calzada's ten yard scamper safety) prior to season, I'd tell you that's a W
                                Lol. Can we bring our heads out of the sand yet? You had some awful big expectations and predictions before the season started and anyone who doubted them had their heads in the sand. Didn't have a clue what they were talking about got the speech about the all Americans ect. Was short lived for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X