Acme 265gr 300blkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
    Can you fit another 0.2gr more lil gun in there?

Yeah I’m sure I can. I’m about to do some group testing then possibly up to 7.7gr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Accuracy testing showed I need to keep playing a bit. 75 yards I was seeing groups of 4-5” but that was just using a red dot.

Comment

I’d be happy with 4” groups at 75yds with a red dot and a projectile with the ballistics of a dull crayon!

Comment

I’d be happy with 4” groups at 75yds with a red dot and a projectile with the ballistics of a dull crayon!

Lmao! They actually don’t drop as bad as I thought they would have. I was able to keep them on a silhouette target at 140 yards aiming at the head impact was just under center of the target.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            1:8 or faster.

Can you provide a link to those? I could only find up to 245 grains on their website.

You had no signs of keyholing? I though 240 grain and up recommended 7 twist barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They look like puppy peckers!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                They look like puppy peckers!
                Lmao yeah they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Can you provide a link to those? I could only find up to 245 grains on their website.

You had no signs of keyholing? I though 240 grain and up recommended 7 twist barrels.

So far I have not have any total key hole. I was shooting at 110 yards and had a few you could tell we’re becoming unstable and not leaving perfect holes.

At 100 yards I couldn’t really get them to group worth talking about I may need to try some different powder see what happens.

Comment

Suppressed or no? If not, I bet you get BHO when you do suppress it, with the additional gas.

If I can hit a softball, I'm good with a sub load. I wouldn't be shooting it beyond 75 yards or so anyway. Just don't have the umph any further than that.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                      Suppressed or no? If not, I bet you get BHO when you do suppress it, with the additional gas.

If I can hit a softball, I'm good with a sub load. I wouldn't be shooting it beyond 75 yards or so anyway. Just don't have the umph any further than that.
                      I was shooting suppressed and still no BHO I even upped the charge a good bit with no BHO. I’m new to suppressor and subsonic rounds so far 2 different projectiles and several loads with no BHO.

Comment

Do you have an adjustable gas block? Aligned properly? Any idea what your gas port diameter is? Either of these can lead to cycling issues with subs.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                          Do you have an adjustable gas block? Aligned properly? Any idea what your gas port diameter is? Either of these can lead to cycling issues with subs.

I would assume the gas block is on properly because I have zero cycling issues except the bolt hold open, and no I don’t know the diameter of the gas port nor do I have a adjustable block.

Comment

Well I got out tonight to give them a test.... I’m not disappointed actually pretty impressed.

So I settled for a load that really didn’t group all that well but it was cycling and quiet at 980fps.

I found a decent boar by him self he was at a medium pace walk around 75 yards put the crosshairs on his neck and squeezed one off all I heard was a thud then a ricochet... watched him trot off about 20-30 yards and kinda just turn around as I got ready to take a second shot thinking I missed he fell over.

Upon getting up to him turns out I had a complete pass through but I didn’t hit at POA bullet went in square in the shoulder and blew right through him. Small exit and not too much blood but I watched him drop. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2273.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	24613179
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2278.jpg
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	24613180
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2280.jpg
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	24613181

Comment

That’s awesome! Congrats! I can’t believe you had a shoulder pass through on a hog with a subsonic round. Very impressive

Comment

That’s awesome! Congrats! I can’t believe you had a shoulder pass through on a hog with a subsonic round. Very impressive

A non or minimally expanding hard cast lead projectile will pass through.

But this is the reason I no longer intentionally hunt with subsonic ammo. The result was a dead hog but less than ideal had he run off.

Comment

Working...
                                X