Hamskea hybrid hunter pro vs. QAD HDX ultra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamskea hybrid hunter pro vs. QAD HDX ultra

I was looking at these two rests for my new setup. I already have the Ultra on my backup bow so I have experience with it. Does anybody have experience with the Hamskea?

I'm mainly hunting and not doing any 3D. Any info or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Hamskea all day everyday.

The easiest setup/tune and most reliable rest made. Built like tanks and can be setup anyway you want. Cable, top limb, bottom limb, or as a blade. Just get a stick on arrow holder for your shelf and you won't have to worry about the arrow rattling around.

Comment

have both, like both. biggest pain with limb driven rests is having to remove cord to eye ball nock height, containment not quite as good (see above). advantage is arrow support longer through shot, on chance of rest contact.

for me EFOC really likes the limb driven rests support through the shot.

Comment

I shot QAD on all my bows for years but I switched to Hamskea a couple of years ago and couldn’t be happier. I saw an immediate improvement in my groups after the switch.

Comment

Thanks on the info and recommendations. Im gonna go with the hamskea.

Comment

Bump this up. Looking at these 2. I’ve been shooting the HDX. I’m concerned about arrow containment while I’m sitting and moving not drawn back.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Bump this up. Looking at these 2. I’ve been shooting the HDX. I’m concerned about arrow containment while I’m sitting and moving not drawn back.
              Hamskea is a full containment rest as is the QAD; what is your concern? Unless you're standing on your head when you draw the only concern is in your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                Hamskea is a full containment rest as is the QAD; what is your concern? Unless you're standing on your head when you draw the only concern is in your head.
                I think I phrased that wrong. My concern was the Hamskea not staying up when not drawn like my HDX. Nevertheless I purchased the trinity hunter

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  I think I phrased that wrong. My concern was the Hamskea not staying up when not drawn like my HDX. Nevertheless I purchased the trinity hunter
                  Great rest and it has an arrow holder/aligner built in to the shaft support; not quite the same as the HDX when locked up though.

Shoot me PM if you want help setting it up or tuning; I'm in Bertram. Drink a little beer, tune a little bow!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                    Great rest and it has an arrow holder/aligner built in to the shaft support; not quite the same as the HDX when locked up though.

Shoot me PM if you want help setting it up or tuning; I'm in Bertram. Drink a little beer, tune a little bow!
                    Yeah that’s why I went with it over the hybrid. And I might take you up on that! Thank you

Comment

I've read up on both, I will probably pick the hamskea

Comment

I had hell tuning my bow with the qad.. anything from fletching contact to new cable stretching and causing it to go out of time.. I installed the Hamskea myself and it took me 5 min to have it ready to shoot.. if something happens and you mess up the timing rope it can be fixed in 2 seconds . No tools just adjust the keeper until the spring gives a 1/4 inch or so ..

Comment

Working...
                        X