No announcement yet.

TPWD Proposal to add fee for MLDP participants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they should reimburse me for feeding ect.. their deer on MY!!!!! high fence property!! I don't want their deer on my land but I'm in a 1 buck only county.

Comment

Originally posted by RWNJRB View Post
      I think they should reimburse me for feeding ect.. their deer on MY!!!!! high fence property!! I don't want their deer on my land but I'm in a 1 buck only county.
      Do like other small acreage leases/landowners do, invite all of your buddies and kin out to kill a deer

In your case most would not object

Comment

Don't you have gates? open 'em up!!

Comment

I am going to be devil advocate here.

You could also have the state’s deer herd removed from your high fence property and pay to have it populated with your own, paid for whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
            I’m MLD conservation option and $300 is not a lot in comparison to what I spend on everything else. My objection is that I will pay the same for my 330 acres as someone who has 30,000 acres. I think that those who benefit more should pay more.
            From an MLD paperwork/biologist resource perspective, is there any more work done by the state when it comes to 300 acres or 30,000 acres?

The arguement is resource reimbursement. On either sized property, all the work is performed by the payer of the program. The state merely reviews the plans and puts a yearly report together.

Comment

I "m just grumpy over the proposed fee. I am in a 1 buck county high fenced. Put 10th generation "pen" deer (which state says they own and control) in to improve the genetics, which it has. But, I am forced to be in the MLD program to control my numbers, culling ect… because of 1 buck county. I cant even pay to bring in captive pen raised deer in from out of state without them becoming TX state property on MY property! If TX claims they are their deer. I can decide what I want to do on MY property, like high fence it, so if I'm feeding your deer on my property shouldn't I get reimbursed? Just makes no sense, common anyways, other than revenue for the state, I get it but don't charge me anymore to be forced to participate in a program.
              Last edited by RWNJRB; 01-22-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I "m just grumpy over the proposed fee. I am in a 1 buck county high fenced. Put 10th generation "pen" deer (which state says they own and control) in to improve the genetics, which it has. But, I am forced to be in the MLD program to control my numbers, culling ect… because of 1 buck county. I cant even pay to bring in captive pen raised deer in from out of state without them becoming TX state property on MY property! If TX claims they are their deer. I can decide what I want to do on MY property, like high fence it, so if I'm feeding your deer on my property shouldn't I get reimbursed? Just makes no sense, common anyways, other than revenue for the state, I get it but don't charge me anymore to be forced to participate in a program.

I understand the complaint but everything you are complaining about you knew about before heading down that road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  I understand the complaint but everything you are complaining about you knew about before heading down that road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are 100% correct I knew everything except the added MLD fee. Now I'm invested, so I have no other logical choice except to bend over to whatever TX thinks is appropriate. Would be a lot easier to bend over to them if TPWD could 100% guarantee me that 100% of my tax is going to manage/improve the MLD program.

Comment

Will the state allow you to cut a hole in the fence? Seems like an easy fix.

Comment

You are 100% correct I knew everything except the added MLD fee. Now I'm invested, so I have no other logical choice except to bend over to whatever TX thinks is appropriate. Would be a lot easier to bend over to them if TPWD could 100% guarantee me that 100% of my tax is going to manage/improve the MLD program.
                      You could also drop out of the MLD program and bring more hunters onto your property to reduce the population. It is one buck per hunter, not per property.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        I am going to be devil advocate here.

You could also have the state’s deer herd removed from your high fence property and pay to have it populated with your own, paid for whitetail.
                        I don't think it works that way. From what I understand, you can go buy deer from a sale barn or wherever you want and put them on your property but when you release them on your property they then become property of the State of Texas.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this.

Comment

Originally posted by eastex56 View Post
                          I don't think it works that way. From what I understand, you can go buy deer from a sale barn or wherever you want and put them on your property but when you release them on your property they then become property of the State of Texas.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this.
                          So, all the deer breeders deer in their pens are ultimately owned by the state? That doesn’t seem right.

Comment

It would be $30 fee to anyone currently in a WMA. Which would be me. Which is pay $25 to our WMA also

Comment

IMO its another catch all implementation that works in some places, and doesn't in others. Our place in San Saba County is a great example of the MLD program. The WMA and biologist are heavily involved. In Colorado County its a bit different, most join MLD just to get doe tags. You have to if you want to shoot them during general season. It made some sense when there were few deer. Now there's doe days where non mld can shoot off their tags, mld is stuck with whatever was issued. Add a $30 fee for the privilege. Those who really want to manage or have longer seasons should pay for the extra work. Give everyone an equal starting point is all I'm saying.
                              Last edited by jdg13; 01-23-2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Do you hunters not know how to manage your property/deer yourself? I own property myself and manage it myself, yes very expensive but I knew that going in to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X