• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st

Comment

1st.

Comment

From my paternal side, Im 4th generation. Both my great grandparents on my father's side came to the Houston/Galveston area as immigrants from Europe. My maternal side, I have some native american blood so who knows how many generations that might be. I have more than Elizabeth Warren that is for sure, lol.

Comment

Family moved west in a covered wagon. Not exactly sure what year but it’s been a while. I also live within a couple of miles of the original home place.
          Proud to be a Texan.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
            4th generation here. Great grandfather born here in 1887. Grandfather in 1880, father in 1925, me in 1956. Great Great grandfather came here in the early 1840's. Oldest known multi great grandfather came from Ireland in the 1730's. Grandmother and her people came here from Mississippi in1888, she was 4 years old. I remember her telling us about the trip here in wagons. This was on my fathers side, mom and dad met at Ft. McClelland in Alabama before Korea. Wish I could listen to the stories of life here in the mid 1800's.

Misdated great grandfathers birth here, it was 1850. Name from our branch will stop here, my brother doesn't have any children, and I had 2 girls.

Had someone with my fraternal grandmothers family name at the Alamo, but we haven't been able to link him with us.

Comment

5th on both sides, I have a great niece that makes it 7th. With 4 generations living.

Comment

1st gen....... got here as quick as I could too!

Comment

Hezekiah Farris is my grandmothers grandfather. He fought with Sam Houston in the battle of San Jacinto and was one of the men who found Santa Ana. So I am about as Texas as one can be.

Comment

Not sure, I know some family fought in the Tejas Revolution.

Comment

3rd/4th generation here, my son is 5th generation God is it great to be a Texan!

Comment

I believe 6 on both side. The first on my moms side was the sturrock’s
                        Attached Files

Comment

4th generation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

7th Generation; 1833

Comment

8th generation Travis County. First one got here in 1829 and married Captain James Burleson's daughter. The Captain led the charge at The Grass Fight and had some sons that contributed to the independence of Texas. I found out recently that Woody Harrelson was cast to play my cousin in a Netflix movie about B&C.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

My Dad's last name - 1st.

My Mom's last name - 4th.

Great grandpa Roberts was the first Texas Oil Company lawyer - right after Spindletop.

Comment

Working...
                                X