Primer prices - yikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer prices - yikes

My load shop had a decent stock of primers in today but $200/1,000! I needed some more so paid it but I miss the old days

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
    My load shop had a decent stock of primers in today but $200/1,000! I needed some more so paid it but I miss the old days

Heck you can find them cheaper than that at the gun shows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very true. All I needed was small rifle but still...

Comment

Wow! Apparently I should sell some primers.

Comment

They are screwing you. Bad. I bought some normalish price the other day. $55/1000.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            They are screwing you. Bad. I bought some normalish price the other day. $55/1000.
            For sure. Even gun show prices are $60/1000 but then I’d have to go to a gun show. .20/primer makes it more expensive but still cheaper than factory ammo. Was surprised since these guys are usually really good. At least all their powder was at normal price still

Comment

Time to take your business elsewhere and tell your local shop that screwing people and being greedy has consequences

Comment

Southwest Reloading in Mesquite if anyone is wondering. They did still have quite a bit of h100 and cfe black at $29/lb

Comment

Sorry that’s a bogus price. Surprised a retailer that specializes in selling reloading products isn’t in tune better with the market prices and/or perfectly okay with screwing the shooting public. I picked up 400 at Bass Pro the other day for 20 bucks and some change. As stated, time to take your business elsewhere.

The quicker people stop paying inflated prices the quicker the market will stabilize and prices will fall more in line with historical numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very true. All I needed was small rifle but still...
                    If you have something to trade post it on here. In today's environment I would rather trade that drop the cash.

Comment

I bought some 209s the other day 6.99 a hundred

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                        If you have something to trade post it on here. In today's environment I would rather trade that drop the cash.
                        I post in the trade thread quite a bit. Right now I don’t have much excess that I won’t go through this year

Comment

For sure. Even gun show prices are $60/1000 but then I’d have to go to a gun show. .20/primer makes it more expensive but still cheaper than factory ammo. Was surprised since these guys are usually really good. At least all their powder was at normal price still
                          Powder??? Where?

Comment

Anyone find any retailer that will take back orders on primers?

I recently waited months for 140gn ELDs, but at least I had an order in and knew I was in a line.

As the months go by, starting to get tired of me checking Brownells/Midway/PowderValley/Midsouth/Natchez/Sinclair multiple times daily with no luck.

Comment

A month ago, I bought primers for $4.00 per 100. Today, I went by the same place and paid $15 per 100 for Federal small pistol primers and then something like $11 per 100 for CCI small pistol primers. Stupidly, you have to buy a pound of powder or a box of bullets, then they will let you buy 100 CCI primers. I can get probably 2500 380s out of a lb. of powder. So only being able to buy 100 primers per lb. of powder makes no sense what so ever. Obviously the person who came up with that BS plan, does not reload.

Comment

Working...
                              X