Port Mansfield Wade Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know any good wade fishing spots down in Port Mansfield? I will be down there later this month for a friendly company fishing tournament. Majority of the guys fish out of a boat, but I'm particular to wade fishing. I'm pretty unfamiliar with the area as I have only fished down there a couple of times in the last few years, with those times fishing being done out of the boat.

North hit the chain of islands and the King Ranch shoreline. Cut across from the harbor and fish the east cut flats. Those are the easiest to locate and wade fish.

Comment

Not sure how hard the freeze hurt them but if looking for trout the flats around East cut are good (look for drop offs and sand pockets) and I have had great success fishing the spoil banks just south of PM on the intercostal side. If you want to make a run the land cut always produces but it can be a brutal trip if windy.

Just re read your post...will you have access to a boat or looking for walk in spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
        Not sure how hard the freeze hurt them but if looking for trout the flats around East cut are good (look for drop offs and sand pockets) and I have had great success fishing the spoil banks just south of PM on the intercostal side. If you want to make a run the land cut always produces but it can be a brutal trip if windy.

Just re read your post...will you have access to a boat or looking for walk in spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I’ll have access to a boat but I’ll most likely have them drop me off at some Wade spots while they go drift fish.

Comment

Fished friday with SE 25 mph winds so we ran up to Gladis, managed to land a 22.5" trout. Only trout for us both Friday and Saturday with 3 guys on the boat. From there we went more north to fish the west drop-offs in the landcut. Was able to land some nice reds in Gladis, not much luck in the landcut. Saturday we fished just south of PM in the dumping grounds and had fog until around lunchtime and then the redfish bite turned on and landed 9 that afternoon. Trout were few and far between for everyone the whole trip. But there was one boat that caught a 3 man limit of trout at the community bar saturday afternoon.

Comment

Supposed to go fish Gladis for a few days soon and stay at a landcut cabin thats almost done getting rebuilt, its been a few years since Ive been back up in there, we lay footprints in the same place! Im not much of a fisherman but I hang out with some good ones all the time

Comment

Working...
            X