small reloading table plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small reloading table plans?

anyone have a small simple plan or pic of your setup? I want to do a small area in my upstairs hunt room.

I was thinking of a few pieces of 3/4 plywood stacked maybe 40x30in top and some 4x4 legs... dont have a huge budget but like 50$ max on this project

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
    anyone have a small simple plan or pic of your setup? I want to do a small area in my upstairs hunt room.

I was thinking of a few pieces of 3/4 plywood stacked maybe 40x30in top and some 4x4 legs... dont have a huge budget but like 50$ max on this project
    see the link below .... sadly $50 may get you one piece of 3/4 treated plywood today. Other option might be using an inexpensive benchtop work station from Harbor Freight. Modify the work bench to make it stronger. IMO, you don't want it to be flimsy or cheap. It's gotta be sturdy, solid, and not move when sizing brass or weighing charges. The stronger the better

https://www.google.com/search?q=relo...w=1480&bih=772

edit: another option, construction is booming right now. Go to a residential/commerical job site and ask if you can "dumpster dive" and take some of the excess wood that was gonna be hauled off as trash. 2x4, 4x4, 2x6, plywood, etc.... can all be used to build your bench. Basically you're getting free lumbar at someone elses' expense.

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 04-01-2021, 10:08 AM.

Comment

thx blake

yea I might just use some 2x6 lumber and make the top out of that.. I do have some scrap here at house

Comment

I turned an old cheap harbor freight workstation into me bench by replacing the top. I used 12x¾ planking as my bench

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would also echo Cajun Blake's comment about the bench needing to be very solid and not move when throwing powder and running your press.
          My suggestion would be to anchor your bench to your wall studs. Or, anchor a 2x6 to your wall studs the length of your bench and then anchor your bench to that 2x6.
          My bench legs are made from 4x4's and then 2x6's for the frame, top and bottom. My bench top is a section of bowling lane, which if you can find one, they make the best bench top you can buy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by WyoBull; 04-01-2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

You could stack the plywood like you mentioned with wood glue and a few screws and build it like this pretty cheap, it’s not my flavor but it will get the job done effectively..

Comment

Working...
            X