Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cobra test, what’s on it and who’s done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cobra test, what’s on it and who’s done it?

Got a buddy taking it this month and doesn’t know what to expect. To keep him out of the spotlight I told him I would post here and ask. He’s got console experience already. But in natural gas plants. Amine, stabilizer, cryo, compression. No frac experience.

Thanks for the help!

It's easy.. basic stuff transferring product to and fro, watching levels, etc. Then it goes through a few scenarios where you lose pumps or equip and stuff. Keep it out of the flare, and meet the time quotas you're given to transfer and receive, not just flooding a tank with product to get it over there as fast as you can and then waiting out the clock in the scenario. He will be fine with console experience especially. I'm sure I left some stuff out but that's your basic overview of it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Matt I think i still have your number. I was sent some hand drawing from a friend that took it I will text them to you to pass along. Let me know if they do not make sense.

Comment

Thanks! I’ll get it to him.

Comment

Take the time and do every step of the practice part in the beginning. It gives you the option to skip it but that’s a big mistake some make. It’s pretty much teaching you the test. I only took it once 8 years ago but I believe it’s still the same.

Comment

It will walk him through how to do the test, it even teaches you how to use a mouse?

Comment

It’s full of Q drops. If you ain’t able to decipher Q code, you ain’t got a snowball’s chance in hell of passing it! ����

Comment

Originally posted by saltwaterslick View Post
                it’s full of q drops. If you ain’t able to decipher q code, you ain’t got a snowball’s chance in hell of passing it! ����
                lol!!

I can run a plant in my sleep. And don’t need Q or a cobra test to tell me that

Comment

It’s easy

Comment

It’s an easy test. ��.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      lol!!

I can run a plant in my sleep. And don’t need Q or a cobra test to tell me that

So what you're sayin' is that you do a lot of sleepin' on da job, huh!??

Comment

just dont overflow a tank or hit the flare....

If he has board experience it should be easy....

Is he looking at a pipeline controller position somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          So what you're sayin' is that you do a lot of sleepin' on da job, huh!??
                          Pipe down Charlie!

Alright. If he doesn’t pass this test with flying colors I’m gonna beat him with a keyboard lol. Sounds crazy easy.

Comment

Working...
                          X