Outboard motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outboard motor

So I been looking for a pontoon boat I found a 24ft boat got tittle trailer got
    Tittle it’s got a 91 motor but guy lost tittle to motor
    And it was not in his name

What kind of hassle can it be ...I really don’t need the motor but owner wants to
    Sell it as a package the boat is a 1984 lol

Run!! It will be a nightmare and doubtful you will even be able to get it registered.

Comment

Whatever you do don’t ask the lady at TPWD if she wants to tittle with you !
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Whatever you do don’t ask the lady at TPWD if she wants to tittle with you !
        He should try getting PB2 too proof read your posts.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

You don't really need a title for an outboard for anything other than reporting it stolen. For the boat registration you absolutely need a title for the boat itself. Personally I'd be sure to get a bill of sale for the outboard and title for the boat and then not worry about it any further. Trailers usually just need registration paperwork but if it's got a title that's even better.

Comment

1994 and newer require titles. I ran a 99 model for years with no title.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              He should try getting PB2 too proof read your posts.
              Oh the irony...

Comment

Have him sign the PWD 143 form for the hull and fill out a bill of sale for the motor. Also fill a 130U form for the trailer. Shouldn't be an issue the hull is where you put the registration numbers.

Comment

Thank you all

Comment

I bought a 14' in 1988, new from dealer. Didn't get a tittle for the motor nor trailer, only for the boat. Still have the rig. Lady @ the courthouse says she can help with getting the tittles, since I am the original purchaser. Been thinking about doing so since the rig will be passed down to a Grandson soon as a graduation present.
                    PS: And she has some nice looking tittles too.

Comment

I think wit a 91 model year you should be easy...

utboard Motor Application for Texas Certificate of Title
                      Effective January 1, 1994, all outboard motors (Internal Combustion Engines) are required to be titled. Electric or batterypowered outboard motors are not titled. Note: Vessels/Boats are titled separately using Form PWD 143.

Comment

You can pay for a title search !
                        Usually you can contact title holder and have them sign for new one.

Comment

Working...
                        X