Minox Binos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minox Binos

I've got these Minox binos that hadn't been out of their case in about 3 years. When I took them out they seem to have a sticky film on them. I also had that happen on some inexpensive BSA scopes but didn't think that Minox were cheap binoculars. Have any of you experienced similar stickiness and how did you remove it?
    Stickiness is on the middle pieces that connect the two eyepieces and on the focus wheel.
    Attached Files

I had a Nikon and a Bushnell range finder both do the same thing I wouldn’t have expected that from Minox. Nikon replaced my rangefinder and Bushnell gave me the run around so I ended up putting Camo duct tape over it.

Comment

I used a little isopropyl alcohol on a soft cloth to get that same kind of film off of the diopter adjustment ring on some older binoculars. Others swear by a paste made from baking soda and water. Both methods require a little elbow grease.

cricman

Comment

I wonder what causes that? They've been in my garage in its bino case.

Comment

Binos

Originally posted by Rudyl View Post
          I wonder what causes that? They've been in my garage in its bino case.

The heat in the garage gets to them. Keep them inside and they wont do that

Comment

Certain plastics will break down like that. I grabbed my primos shooting sticks at the start of the hunting season this year and had black gooey mess on my hands.

Comment

Deet, UV, and heat will cause the degradation of some plastics.

Comment

Working...
              X