so long dart bowl, austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so long dart bowl, austin

some of the best enchiladas in town. got to go tomorrow....Longtime Austin bowling alley Dart Bowl will close for good Friday night, ending a 62-year streak that reminds many Austinites of sharing greasy enchiladas, multi-colored shoes and the camaraderie that comes with knocking down a few pins in an old-school setting.

Better go get some enchiladas!

Comment

They were famous for their enchiladas but I always got the hamburger that was equally greasy.

Comment

why are they closing?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          why are they closing?
          Probably had enough...the developers need that property to go with the old Honda store to build a hi rise.

Comment

why are they closing?
            I'd imagine being forced to shut down for months on end has something to do with it.

Comment

Awesome nachos back in the day too!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I can't believe I have never had their enchiladas. I am a cheese enchilada with chile con carne and onions addict. I'll be in the area tomorrow around lunch.[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad deal. Hate to see history get wiped away in any fashion. The stories those walls can tell....

Comment

We had more than one bowling birthday party there over the years. Also, McCallum HS would have bowling classes there in PE. And, yes, great enchiladas. Shame for them to close.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                      We had more than one bowling birthday party there over the years. Also, McCallum HS would have bowling classes there in PE. And, yes, great enchiladas. Shame for them to close.
                      I was a Mac bowler.

Comment

Man! That place was awesome

Comment

We had a staff fun evening there a couple of years ago and enjoyed the place. Hate that places with history are disappearing.

Comment

why are they closing?
                            The owner was on KLBJ today and said that while they were given the go to reopen no one was coming. Their expenses are more than the revenue that they were taking in.

The have two more bowling alleys in Austin they are going to focus on. Those sites aren't doing great, but covering the cost to be open.

Comment

But where are the City of Austin employees going to hide now when they are supposed to be at work?

The property is on the tax rolls at a 6.3 million value. Hard to pay those taxes if no one is coming. RIP Dart Bowl!

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X