tired of junk can openers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tired of junk can openers

Does anyone make a can opener that is worth having,,,,, everyting we have bought over the last 30 years has been short lived or died in the first use,,, it's getting old having to use my Swiss army knife to open cans in the kitchen at home,,, at least it has been reliable

i prefer manual openers because of the lack of counter space for an electric

We bought a nice kitchen aid one about 8 years ago and held up good. I don't remember what it cost, but it wasn't "Walmart cheap" and it wasn't "snap on impact kit expensive"

I used to suffer the same dilemma.

I was walking through some random store and saw the big hefty grips and construction and grabbed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ttt!!!!!!!

Comment

Let BedBathandBeyond.com help you discover designer brands & home goods at the lowest prices online. With free shipping on EVERYTHING*. See for yourself why shoppers love our selection & award-winning customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

P-38 or P-51, always works, and close thread.

Amazon or any of the old Army-Navy stores. The one I carry was given to me in 1994 in Dona Ana NM (North Ft Bliss), so 26 years and hasn't failed a time.

Comment

This one solved my problem https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Cutco. We've had the same one for years and my wife hasn't complained since we bought it.

https://www.cutco.com/products/produ...tem=can-opener
              Last edited by curtintex; 01-06-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post

Amazon or any of the old Army-Navy stores. The one I carry was given to me in 1994 in Dona Ana NM (North Ft Bliss), so 26 years and hasn't failed a time.
                P38.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post

i thought about this, but it works on the same principal my Swiss army knife does,,, i want one for the wife!,,, besides she is a good cook and i don't want her to quit on me!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    Cutco. We've had the same one for years and my wife hasn't complained since we bought it.

https://www.cutco.com/products/produ...tem=can-opener
                    we actually had one ,, i forgot about it,,,, but along with the house and everything in the house, hurricane harvey laid claim to it.... being retired i'm not sure about dropping this much $ on another can opener, but if the wife wants it is is the one she will get,, thanks!

Comment

My mom gave me this one. Not sure where she bought it. Called a Swing-A-Way. Works effortlessly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                        i thought about this, but it works on the same principal my Swiss army knife does,,, i want one for the wife!,,, besides she is a good cook and i don't want her to quit on me!
                        This!!! I'd never buy myself a $61 can opener, but I'd buy Jennie a $610 if she wanted one just to keep her cooking.

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                        we actually had one ,, i forgot about it,,,, but along with the house and everything in the house, hurricane harvey laid claim to it.... being retired i'm not sure about dropping this much $ on another can opener, but if the wife wants it is is the one she will get,, thanks!
                        Buy once....cry once.

Comment

P-38. But get one with good steel. My wife bought some that were soft. I have had mine on my key ring since 1972 and still good. Never has failed. Mine was made by Shelby Corp and GI issue.

A little practice and she'll never give it up.

Comment

Swiss Army knife... but it sounds like you already know that.

Comment

Another vote for the swing-a-way. We had one in the drawer as a back up when electric can openers were big. After the black n decker died, it returned to full service. My mom still has it. We currently have a pampered chef one, that breaks the can seals or something, no sharp edges left. I have considered picking up a swing-a-way to stash away for when it gives out. Really digging the one with the fishing reel style knob, hope I can find one of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X