No announcement yet.

Towing Question??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pulled a 32' bumper pull camper with a 12' low boy behind a 4 door 4x4 LWB Dodge from Houston to western New Mexico a few years back for an elk hunt. Overall length was pushing 90' if I remember correctly. Only had to back up one time at a gas station. Way overloaded and dumb but we didn't have any issues. You'll be ok as long as you use a little common sense.

Comment

Pulled a boat behind a 32' 5th wheel many times. Never measured but guarantee I was over length. Never got stopped and passed many of LEO and State troopers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        Question is, can you back it down the boat ramp without taking up all 3 lanes of a 2 lane ramp?
        I think the real question is: How far do you need to go?

That would dictate whether or not I rolled the dice on an extra 6 feet or so.

Comment

As stated 65’ is the legal maximum length. It’s up to you to decide if you are willing to risk it.

I personally wouldn’t that’s why we bought my wife’s vehicle with a trailer tow package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was at 67 ft going to Colorado, ended up leaving Silverton to Oouray, on the MILLION DOLLAR HIGHWAY with that rig.....holy hell I dont know how I didnt tear off the side of my camper...

Comment

Working...
            X