How do you find an obituary for someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you find an obituary for someone

My wife believes her aunt died and we don't have any one we can contact in the family that would know. Does any one know a website I can search to find out? One that doesn't charge a fee. Thanks for any help on this. Kevin

I've found a lot of obituaries just by googling people's names along with the word, "obituary," or I'll google their name along with the name of a close relative, like a husband, wife, or child.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
      I've found a lot of obituaries just by googling people's names along with the word, "obituary," or I'll google their name along with the name of a close relative, like a husband, wife, or child.
      Yep include the home town name as well. Or where they were last known to reside.

Comment

We've been searching like that and it takes us to the pay for use ones. We can't find anything that doesn't charge a fee. We've tried to contact her for weeks. Not sure how to find out, we don't want to ask for a welfare check but this isn't like her.

Comment

have you looked at the funeral home websites in the town she lives? they sometimes post obits.

Comment

She lived in Kingwood. All her close family lives out of state and we're not able to contact them. Thanks

Comment

Ancestry might have something. Send me a pm and I can look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM sent. Thanks

Comment

Kingwood Harris county?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Find a Grave is a free resource for finding the final resting places of famous folks, friends and family members. With millions of names, it is an invaluable tool for genealogist and history buffs.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                        She lived in Kingwood. All her close family lives out of state and we're not able to contact them. Thanks
                        Give me her address and I'll go check on her, talk to her neighbors and find out what's up.

Comment

Give me here name and I can tell you if she has passed. Pm me.

Comment

See if a death certificate has been filed with the county

Comment

Kingwood isn't too far from Pasadena????

Comment

Working...
                              X