Need some advice on what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    OP, in my younger (Early 20s) days, I did something similar to you. I bought a motorcycle, truck, and two snowmobiles in a little over a year. All on loans. I personally did it because I thought "I want that". Didn't concern myself with money down, equity, nothing.

Well by the grace of God, a criminal stole that motorcycle, rode it like he stole it, and was busted with it 4 days later. I talked the shop into making sure it was totaled, which meant I got insurance money for it, which paid off the motorcycle, and the remaining $ got dumped into making sure my other loans had equity. I became diligent about my spending, paid off or sold all my toys. Not having to deal with the stress of something like you had to deal with is exactly why I did it. Not one regret.

As someone once in your position, I am happy it all worked out for you!

I’m working my butt off to get to the point of not owing anything. Before the wreck, dealing with Covid-19 off time, holidays and then the week long freeze. I was 2 payments ahead on the truck and 2 payments ahead on the house, along with a extra $100 towards principal on the house payment for the last 4 years. And my credit cards was payed off. Working to get everything back and on track now. Just got to get my new truck payment moved to where it doesn’t have to be paid the same time as the house payment.
    Trying to payoff the house within the next 10yrs or less.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
      I’m working my butt off to get to the point of not owing anything. Before the wreck, dealing with Covid-19 off time, holidays and then the week long freeze. I was 2 payments ahead on the truck and 2 payments ahead on the house, along with a extra $100 towards principal on the house payment for the last 4 years. And my credit cards was payed off. Working to get everything back and on track now. Just got to get my new truck payment moved to where it doesn’t have to be paid the same time as the house payment.

Trying to payoff the house within the next 10yrs or less.

Not trying to tell you how to handle your business but you’ll get more traction if you concentrate on paying off one things at a time. Using the snowball method you’ll be shocked how fast you can pay down debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Not trying to tell you how to handle your business but you’ll get more traction if you concentrate on paying off one things at a time. Using the snowball method you’ll be shocked how fast you can pay down debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        I understand what your saying. Working towards that this time.

Comment

Working...
        X