UTV Decisions...need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTV Decisions...need help

I'm looking to the green screen for advice on my next UTV purchase. I've been looking at Electric golf carts because I think my biggest draw right now is something that would be very quiet for cruising around the deer lease. I also like that with the fold down back seat that my family of 5 could take a relaxing drive around the neighborhood. On the other hand, id be limited by range, power, and I'm fearful running through water and mud at the deer lease would fry the electric components. I've looked at the Polaris EV, but I'd have to finance a portion of that deal whereas I could pay cash on a golf cart. I've looked at gas UTVs but then I'm dealing with the noise issue. Some are obnoxious loud, and others are just sort of loud, but I've not found anything truly quiet. Plus, I'd have to have a jump seat in the bed of most sort of UTVs. In terms of size, I don't want anything bigger than about a golf cart or Polaris 500. It'd be too big for my needs. What are yalls thoughts? Have yall made any of these mistakes that I could potentially make here. Also, financing a UTV....is that even feasible or is it a total waste of money on interest?

I had an EzGo gas 6 seater that was not overly loud. I never drove it on anything but pavement but they are definitely not smooth rides compared to a SxS utv and I would guess to be not really off road capable for much more that dry level ground.

Comment

For the ranch lease- I got a Can-Am and absolutely love it. Not loud, best suspension of any UTV I’ve ridden in. Comfortable and fast. Recently was in some Polaris Rangers and those seem pretty good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never been a fan of any electric vehicle like that due mainly to distance limitations. Of course, up here in Wyoming they would not be practical at all.

You can get aftermarket add on mufflers that reduce the noise levels on UTV's and ATV's but you will never get to stealth mode doing that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope you don't have rough place or get muddy when it rains?

Comment

Electric golf carts have their place... They are quiet and if you put a lift on and some really aggressive tires, they are good to go as long as you aren't in deep mud. I never got stuck with mine but i only crossed shallow creek bottoms. There are 4x4 electric golf carts so there's that, too, but they get expensive. I don't have electric on my place so I couldn't leave my electric cart out there so I got a gas to replace my electric when I moved. I recently sold my gas GC and got a SxS but honestly that was a want more than a need. If you end up going sxs, the mules are really compact - right about the size of a golf cart. It really depends on how hard you are going to "work" it vs. just cruise around. If you are a neighborhood cruiser, electric all the way...

Comment

Tracker sx800. Very quiet.

Comment

I think for our uses I'm really leaning towards the electric golf cart. There's a couple here with lifts on them already. I'm assuming that dust and puddles here and there can't be too hard on them. Otherwise I don't see why I'd take the cart to any nastier areas. It'll have a winch also eventually.

Comment

On my second Ranger with zero complaints, they’ve been bulletproof for me.

Comment

We have owned Polaris, John Deere 825I, Fox Mule Pro and Can Am Defender. Of those 4 the order of preference is #1 Can Am, #2 Gator, #3 Fox Mule, and dead [censored] last Polaris.
                    We currently have 2 Can Am's and a Mule Pro at the ranch. Can AM in my opinion is way out in front of the other three.

Comment

Working...
                    X