2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
    Add Nathan Beabout to the list. He does trips like your looking for as well.
    Pretty solid guide. He should be back from Mansfield already.
    Seems like a good guide, but FYI, he is saying just catch & release trips this year.

Comment

It’s been a tough few days on the LLM out of Port Isabel. We were blanked Wading a few areas on Saturday and drifting yesterday (did hear some reports of a few trout and reds caught on shrimp.) Pop and I found a few schools of little ones while wading this morning, but no keeper size trout. We got excited landing 10-14 inchers, though. Water has been off color and wind blew all weekend, but I’m a little concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Hopefully it was just bad fishing... but I definitely think ULM and LLM got a big kick in the nads.

Thank you for the report Michael.

I follow a guy on YouTube who fishes the ULM and he's still catching fish pretty good.

Comment

Fished hard this morning on Baffin, ended up with 3 keeper trout and 5 dinks all morning long. Feel like I’ve been kicked in the nuts as good as the weather was this morning. No baitfish to speak of. The guides are drum fishing and throwing cut bait for reds, not much trout activity. Sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            It’s been a tough few days on the LLM out of Port Isabel. We were blanked Wading a few areas on Saturday and drifting yesterday (did hear some reports of a few trout and reds caught on shrimp.) Pop and I found a few schools of little ones while wading this morning, but no keeper size trout. We got excited landing 10-14 inchers, though. Water has been off color and wind blew all weekend, but I’m a little concerned.

this is not good....

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
              Fished hard this morning on Baffin, ended up with 3 keeper trout and 5 dinks all morning long. Feel like I’ve been kicked in the nuts as good as the weather was this morning. No baitfish to speak of. The guides are drum fishing and throwing cut bait for reds, not much trout activity. Sucks
              Hate to see this. Feel for you guys down there.

Comment

Add Nathan Beabout to the list. He does trips like your looking for as well.
                Pretty solid guide. He should be back from Mansfield already.

Beabout family is good as gold, we are doing a TYHP/PLO youth hunt on their family ranch in Stockdale next weekend.

10/10 recommend Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  this is not good....

I’ve heard other mixed reports for the LLM, although specific info is somewhat hard to come by.

My uncle (Capt. David Wood) has caught “a few” trout over the last few days. Live shrimp is hard to come by, even for guides.

Capt. Brian Barrera has apparently been having success with reds and trout the last few days, based on Facebook posts (and a bit of inside info.)

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post

I know someone that could have put you on fish! [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                      I know someone that could have put you on fish! [emoji6]

Lol, I’m not much into another grown man trying to blindfold me.

Comment

I made a lap around the east end of East Matagorda Bay today just looking around a little. What I saw was pretty encouraging. The east end of the bay is loaded with bait. I mean LOADED. Speaking to the owner/bait shrimper at the harbor bait camp he said the shrimp are moving in on the east end of the bay. He's been catching some shrimp and they are big ones. It looked really good today. When I say lots of bait I mean tons everywhere on the east end. I have to think some predators won't be far behind. I did not have time to fish it but will in the next few days when I have the right group to go do it.

In the meantime the redfish have been cooperating pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          I’ve heard other mixed reports for the LLM, although specific info is somewhat hard to come by.

My uncle (Capt. David Wood) has caught “a few” trout over the last few days. Live shrimp is hard to come by, even for guides.

Capt. Brian Barrera has apparently been having success with reds and trout the last few days, based on Facebook posts (and a bit of inside info.)

Better but not encouraging. We typically don’t fish bait there and haven’t gotten on a decent red bite in years. All trout and flounder.

Comment

Buddy has been wearing them out out of Port Isabel. Can’t say where cause we don’t “Fosh and Tell”.

I will say, he’s in the bay, and chunking plastics. He’s a local so keeps pretty good tabs on them.

Comment

Buddy has been wearing them out out of Port Isabel. Can’t say where cause we don’t “Fosh and Tell”.

I will say, he’s in the bay, and chunking plastics. He’s a local so keeps pretty good tabs on them.

This is good news. Hopefully that means they’re there and we just have to find them!

Pop is a local, but the weekend was his first trip out in 18 weeks (after 3 hip replacement surgeries in the last 11 months!!!) so he’s definitely not up to speed on where to find them...yet. We’re heading back out in a few minutes. What does you’re buddy’s boat look like?

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                                I made a lap around the east end of East Matagorda Bay today just looking around a little. What I saw was pretty encouraging. The east end of the bay is loaded with bait. I mean LOADED. Speaking to the owner/bait shrimper at the harbor bait camp he said the shrimp are moving in on the east end of the bay. He's been catching some shrimp and they are big ones. It looked really good today. When I say lots of bait I mean tons everywhere on the east end. I have to think some predators won't be far behind. I did not have time to fish it but will in the next few days when I have the right group to go do it.

In the meantime the redfish have been cooperating pretty well.
                                That’s good to hear. Hopefully the grass will come back and boats will stay off the shorelines.

Comment

Working...
                                X